Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noisy DreamStation
RE: Noisy DreamStation
(03-29-2017, 10:31 AM)MARKOAD Wrote: I discovered a solution.  Apparently the Dreamstation is designed for use with the humidifier.  If you have the humidifier attachment installed, the noise completely goes away and it is silent. Without the Humidifer in place, it is so noisy that it is difficult to sleep. Something changes with the airflow, and they obviously designed it for primarily to be used WITH the humidifier. I was hoping to use it without the humidifier most of the time, as it is compact and great for travel, but sadly, it is so noisy that won't be possible.

I have not used the humidifier and face same sound problem.

Is it the humidifier / water tank act as a muffler to reduce the sound of air flow from the main unit to the tube??
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2017, 05:51 AM)tonylkc1668 Wrote:
(03-29-2017, 10:31 AM)MARKOAD Wrote: I discovered a solution.  Apparently the Dreamstation is designed for use with the humidifier.  If you have the humidifier attachment installed, the noise completely goes away and it is silent. Without the Humidifer in place, it is so noisy that it is difficult to sleep. Something changes with the airflow, and they obviously designed it for primarily to be used WITH the humidifier. I was hoping to use it without the humidifier most of the time, as it is compact and great for travel, but sadly, it is so noisy that won't be possible.

Is it the humidifier / water tank act as a muffler to reduce the sound of air flow from the main unit to the tube??

Hugely and significantly. Yes!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2017, 08:59 PM)Hydrangea Wrote:

That means Philip forces you to buy the hunidifier otherwise the machine will become "vacum cleaner" Dont-know . same as my F&P Icon I am using now. It is bulky for travelling with humidifier
Post Reply Post Reply
Tony - Yes, I agree with you. I'm bummed about this because I would like to be able to travel with the DreamStation sans humidifier... but that's a no-go since I can't sleep with that noise. :-/
Post Reply Post Reply
I've removed my humidifier and connected the 22mm dia, 6ft hose direct to the machine. I can hear some air movement noise but nothing that is loud enough to keep both of us awake. My hose runs through the wisp headgear loop at the top of my head and goes over the bed headboard which is cushioned so it hardly touches any part of the mattress except my pillow - not sure if that changes anything in mitigating any noise.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2017, 09:33 PM)tonylkc1668 Wrote:
(04-16-2017, 08:59 PM)Hydrangea Wrote:
(04-16-2017, 05:51 AM)tonylkc1668 Wrote: I have not used the humidifier and face same sound problem.

That means Philip forces you to buy the hunidifier otherwise the machine will become "vacum cleaner" Dont-know . same as my F&P Icon I am using now. It is bulky for travelling with humidifier
I finally buy the humidifier and get the noise problem solved. Those DME providers tell me to tolerate the sound and say it is normal. All are "bull sh*t". I think they are not familiar with the operation of machine. Their job is to sell you the machine and get their commission.....

I find the same noise issue on Transcend & Z1 travel CPAP but none of DME providers tells you the solution.....
Post Reply Post Reply
I placed a rubber mouspad below my Drreamstation and got rid o the noises. somehow the dreamstation use my nightstand as one resonace body. This way i got rid of the Problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a perfectly quiet dreamstation autopap machine I returned because
the SD card slot was not recording data. I got a brand new machine yesterday
and was excited to see the SD card slot worked.

Only problem now is the machine has the groaning noise people have described
in this thread. The noise resembles a hardrive moan when it's starting to go bad.
The noise only happens when I'm inhaling. Dont-know

Mine has nothing to do with the humidifier. I've had the same humidifier hooked up
to both my previous machine and the new one. I know what a good functioning machine
sounds like...(you don't hear it...lol).

Nothing fun about a 'sleep' machine that keeps you from sleeping.

Other than the noise issue with this machine, I'm totally happy with the results I've been getting
from the autopap machine use. I'm sleeping  well for the first time in 10 years. My
AHI number dropped from 30 down to an average of 3, with nights at 1.5.
When I get a replacement quiet machine, I'll be good to go!! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
mine is unbearably noisy even with the humidifier. definitely going to return it on Monday. See my post further down (June 9th) on this thread for more info.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow... I am new to CPAP and just got a new Dream Station Auto CPAP. So far so good. Totally quiet. Just needed some help optimizing the settings. Fingers crossed because I bought it from Amazon to Singapore and there is no warranty here. Local Dreamstation set cost 60% more even after shipment costs.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Noisy nasal pillows? justinfreeman 7 1,390 09-28-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Noisy Fans in New CPAPs stevew77 0 389 09-28-2023, 06:11 PM
Last Post: stevew77
Question [CPAP] BREAS Z2 very noisy at mask WWinNJ 3 1,422 07-31-2023, 10:51 PM
Last Post: PHXSleeper
  [How to] Fix Your Own Noisy CPAP - Don't discard old CPAP with worn bearings SuperSleeper 2 16,677 06-02-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,713 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,533 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  ResMed Noisy (Pnuematic Block) Replacement 3rdMarDiv 17 6,448 11-10-2021, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.