Mask Make & Model: p10
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 18/13+
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Noisy machine
(04-05-2016 05:02 PM)dizzyliz474 Wrote:  They are technically correct

I don't know why you feel they are "technically correct" when the machine manuals themselves have instructions on what to do when used for multiple patients... for example, from the airsense 10 manual:

Resmed Wrote:Reprocessing
When the device is used for multiple patients, for example, in a sleep lab, clinic, hospital or at a health care provider, the cleanable water tub, air outlet and air tubing should be reprocessed between each patient use.
If the cleanable water tub or the air tubing are being used for a single user in the home, refer to the cleaning instructions in this guide or in the User Guide.
Described here are ResMed’s recommended and validated procedures for cleaning and disinfecting the cleanable water tub, air outlet and air tubing. However, the steps for disinfection vary regionally and each healthcare facility should consult its own procedures before carrying out those within this guide.
Note: The standard water tub cannot be disinfected. If contaminated, it must be discarded and replaced with a new water tub.

Surface disinfection
1. Wipe the exterior of the device including display, externally accessible ports, power supply unit and accessories with a disposable cloth and mild detergent or alcohol disinfectant (see list below).
2. Remove any excess disinfectant with a disposable dry cloth.
Agents recommended for surface disinfection and cleaning:
  • Warm water and mild detergent eg, Teepol TM multipurpose detergent
  • Window cleaner or other premixed surface detergent
  • Methyl alcohol solution
  • 70% Ethyl alcohol solution
  • 70-90% Isopropanol solution
  • 10% Bleach solution
  • Isopropyl wipes
  • CaviCide TM
  • Mikrozid ®
  • Actichlor TM Plus
  • Terralin ®
Note: Agents may not be available in all regions.

and, that's *all* there is about reprocessing the machine itself between different users.
04-05-2016 06:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Luvmyzzz Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Philips Wisp
Humidifier: Built In
CPAP Pressure: 9-13

Other Comments: First diagnosed with essential hypertension @ age 25 (precursor to CHF)

Sex: Female

(04-05-2016 06:30 PM)palerider Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 05:02 PM)dizzyliz474 Wrote:  They are technically correct

I don't know why you feel they are "technically correct" when the machine manuals themselves have instructions on what to do when used for multiple patients... for example, from the airsense 10 manual:

Resmed Wrote:Reprocessing
When the device is used for multiple patients, for example, in a sleep lab, clinic, hospital or at a health care provider, the cleanable water tub, air outlet and air tubing should be reprocessed between each patient use.
If the cleanable water tub or the air tubing are being used for a single user in the home, refer to the cleaning instructions in this guide or in the User Guide.
Described here are ResMed’s recommended and validated procedures for cleaning and disinfecting the cleanable water tub, air outlet and air tubing. However, the steps for disinfection vary regionally and each healthcare facility should consult its own procedures before carrying out those within this guide.
Note: The standard water tub cannot be disinfected. If contaminated, it must be discarded and replaced with a new water tub.

Surface disinfection
1. Wipe the exterior of the device including display, externally accessible ports, power supply unit and accessories with a disposable cloth and mild detergent or alcohol disinfectant (see list below).
2. Remove any excess disinfectant with a disposable dry cloth.
Agents recommended for surface disinfection and cleaning:
  • Warm water and mild detergent eg, Teepol TM multipurpose detergent
  • Window cleaner or other premixed surface detergent
  • Methyl alcohol solution
  • 70% Ethyl alcohol solution
  • 70-90% Isopropanol solution
  • 10% Bleach solution
  • Isopropyl wipes
  • CaviCide TM
  • Mikrozid ®
  • Actichlor TM Plus
  • Terralin ®
Note: Agents may not be available in all regions.

and, that's *all* there is about reprocessing the machine itself between different users.
Ok, so if I've had this machine for 10 years, (other than being told to replace machine every 5 years...which I wasn't told until last year) I can donate it to who? because the company site I looked at indicated they wanted only "lightly used" machines under 2000 hours! Since I know now it can be cleaned.

I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
04-05-2016 06:53 PM
palerider Offline

Preferred Members-

Machine: s9 vpap auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: p10
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 18/13+

Other Comments:

(04-05-2016 06:53 PM)Luvmyzzz Wrote:  Ok, so if I've had this machine for 10 years, (other than being told to replace machine every 5 years...which I wasn't told until last year) I can donate it to who? because the company site I looked at indicated they wanted only "lightly used" machines under 2000 hours! Since I know now it can be cleaned.

I don't think I can discuss this on this forum...
04-05-2016 07:00 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
dizzyliz474 Offline

Members

Machine: PR Remstar auto system one
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Swift
Humidifier: PR Remstar system one
CPAP Pressure: 6-12
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments:

(04-05-2016 05:21 PM)Luvmyzzz Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 05:02 PM)dizzyliz474 Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 01:08 PM)palerider Wrote:  you got it in one, bunkum Wink

They are technically correct and just covering their backs when asked for advice of this sort, in the event of anything being passed between users they can safely say they advised against it. But hey I passed one onto someone and keep another at my daughters for when I have a sleepover. Yes I have purchased three machines in 15 years, all working fine just wanted upgrades and considering I got my last one in US for a third of the cost of one here in Australia. And yes sales reps will give you info though technically correct, I was told here that my US purchased one would not be covered by warranty and yes bunkum Dancing

Thanks DizzyLizz, my old one is 10 years old, but the web site that takes used ones, want devises that are not a year old, and "lightly used" Mine has NEVER been around smoke, we don't do that... so I guess I'm stuck with it.
R

That's a laugh considering these machines are (or should be) used all night every night, hardly comes under " lightly used" Don't think of it as stuck with it, I used to have that mindset and it did bug me I couldn't get rid of it, think of it as a spare if you need to go for an overnight stay somewhere, it's already packed and ready to roll, so no need to pack up your current one Sleep-wellSleep-well
04-05-2016 07:12 PM
Luvmyzzz Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Philips Wisp
Humidifier: Built In
CPAP Pressure: 9-13

Other Comments: First diagnosed with essential hypertension @ age 25 (precursor to CHF)

(04-05-2016 07:12 PM)dizzyliz474 Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 05:21 PM)Luvmyzzz Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 05:02 PM)dizzyliz474 Wrote:  They are technically correct and just covering their backs when asked for advice of this sort, in the event of anything being passed between users they can safely say they advised against it. But hey I passed one onto someone and keep another at my daughters for when I have a sleepover. Yes I have purchased three machines in 15 years, all working fine just wanted upgrades and considering I got my last one in US for a third of the cost of one here in Australia. And yes sales reps will give you info though technically correct, I was told here that my US purchased one would not be covered by warranty and yes bunkum Dancing

Thanks DizzyLizz, my old one is 10 years old, but the web site that takes used ones, want devises that are not a year old, and "lightly used" Mine has NEVER been around smoke, we don't do that... so I guess I'm stuck with it.
R

That's a laugh considering these machines are (or should be) used all night every night, hardly comes under " lightly used" Don't think of it as stuck with it, I used to have that mindset and it did bug me I couldn't get rid of it, think of it as a spare if you need to go for an overnight stay somewhere, it's already packed and ready to roll, so no need to pack up your current one Sleep-wellSleep-well

Thanks DizzyLizz, I could do just that! Leave it at a family member's house in the closet for me when I visit! One LESS bag to carry-on or worry about! Eat-popcorn

I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
04-05-2016 07:27 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
bradjoc Offline

New Members

Machine: phillips 60s series and transend
Mask Make & Model: various
Humidifier: phillips
CPAP Pressure: auto 4+
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

I was hoping to get back to the original question since I too have noticed my machine (resmed auto) getting noisier and noisier. I notice it particularly when I breath. Now I will have to pay attention as to whether that was in or out.

I too thought of pulling the unit apart and using compressed air to see if I could clean it or it could be a bearing with the extra back pressure? I could not find a service manual to see if it made reference to the noise. Any other thoughts out there?
04-18-2016 05:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Equipment] [RESMED S9] Noisy? stanzani 4 75 Today 03:58 AM
Last Post: stanzani
  Philips system one noisy jpsantell 2 262 10-29-2016 10:54 AM
Last Post: robysue
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 2 5,992 10-12-2016 11:37 AM
Last Post: DariaVader
Sad Repairing my ResMed S7 Light - noisy fan Rocky57 7 484 06-22-2016 06:26 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  Noisy DreamStation BandMom 12 6,273 04-13-2016 02:51 PM
Last Post: palerider
  P10 is noisy! tfield98 5 689 03-22-2016 02:15 PM
Last Post: tfield98
  Resmed A10 Noisy After 6 Months... player 8 1,361 01-06-2016 11:09 PM
Last Post: JamesW