Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Non USA users - do you use an adapter or replace the plug?
RE: Non USA users - do you use an adapter or replace the plug?
(05-16-2016, 11:19 AM)kowlooner Wrote: Thanks everybody, and especially Palerider. I hadn't even thought of that cord to brick connection. I might even have a few spares from old laptops lying around (assuming they're the same thing). ...
Also just FYI, in case the question comes up elsewhere, HK's plugs are the same as in the UK.

So, the next step is probably is quick hunt through a couple of stores to see if I can find a new cord with the IEC 60320/C7 connector.

you may get lucky with a laptop, it all depends, there's a wide variety of different connectors (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60320 ) used on various power supplies. I know I've seen at least four of those Smile

aliexpress may be your best bet in HK, while i was looking for those pictures above, I saw a lot of different ones from aliexpress, but didn't want to put them in, since they had the whole url in them. that or the local electrical/electronics store Smile best of luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Above link broken because closing ) got included in the url:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60320
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2016, 09:28 PM)justMongo Wrote: Above link broken because closing ) got included in the url:

forum software bug! *points*
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2016, 09:30 PM)palerider Wrote:
(05-16-2016, 09:28 PM)justMongo Wrote: Above link broken because closing ) got included in the url:

I fixed the link. Yeah, putting characters right next to a URL messes stuff up, as the software thinks it's part of the link. And we call that a "feature" not a "bug". (hey, if Micro$oft can call their bugs "features" why can't we do the same?).... Too-funny

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2016, 10:34 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(05-16-2016, 09:30 PM)palerider Wrote:

I fixed the link. Yeah, putting characters right next to a URL messes stuff up, as the software thinks it's part of the link. And we call that a "feature" not a "bug". (hey, if Micro$oft can call their bugs "features" why can't we do the same?).... Too-funny

Coffee

I suppose it's possible there could be a ) in a url... I shoulda put a space in there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Note that there are a few different connector types in use for the power bricks in electronic devices. Some of them look similar if you don't check closely, so be sure sure you get the right one. Especially if you're doing something like packing for a trip.

It might be a good idea to mark the right cable somehow or even tie it to the non-removable cord on the other side so you can't easily separate the cable from the brick.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
The wikipedia links were very useful. After reading through all that, I think I've got a much better grounding in the field of electricity. Smile

Spent some of today looking at various power cords and bricks and whatsnot. Besides basic voltage differences, never paid much attention to that stuff before. Feel like I actually know something now. Lots of good advice and all. Thanks everybody!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2016, 11:07 AM)kowlooner Wrote: The wikipedia links were very useful. After reading through all that, I think I've got a much better grounding in the field of electricity. Smile

Well, that's dandy. Reminds of the story about my uncle who used to work for the railroad. One night he was struck by lightning.

No he wasn't hurt! Seems he never was a very good conductor! Oh-jeez

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Shocking
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
That's about as shocking as the difference in the price of power cords, depending on where you buy them. I can get a line power cord for my Resmed S9 machine for $12.99 or higher from any medical supplier or I can get it for $1.22 (either American or European) from an electrical cord supply company. I have no problem distinguishing when I'm being scammed. This medical mafia needs to be shut down.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 86 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,212 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 246 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 580 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 626 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  When do I REALLY need to replace items? BlueSky1958 19 1,071 12-13-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.