Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noob here...REMstar pro c-flex question
Noob here...REMstar pro c-flex question
Hello all!

So about 8 months ago my humidifier light started blinking, but only when there was resistance (the mask was on) it does not blink when machine is running but mak not connected.

For the last 8 months I have been using it w/o a humidifier and I've been getting horrible sleep.
Dry mouth waking me up etc...

I decided to buy a new one on eBay.

It came today and does the exact same thing as the old one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I forget what a good nights sleep feels like.

Eta..I do not have a card in the back of the machine if that has any bearing on replies.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Noob here...REMstar pro c-flex question
Hi Gazpacho,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your questions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Gazpacho.. Do you have a camera around that you could take the SD card out of, or a SD card that you have had for your computer. Borrow one from somebody. Any SD card will fit, so if you can find one, just put in there to try. You won't hurt anything. If it works, go to drug store and buy a 2GB SD card. The are fairly cheap and it will last you a lifetime.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure which machine you've got; is it an m-series?

You might be able to find a replacement lower base assembly (humidifier chassis) online.

Or you could purchase a standalone heated humidifier and disable the integrated humidifier of your cpap.
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies.

Just put a new sd card and it didn't do anything

I used it last night and it stopped about 3 times on its own for about 3 sec each time.

Just long enough to wake me up.
Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you update these machines, or is there any need for data on the sd card, or is it simply there to record sleep patterns?
Post Reply Post Reply
Going back to your OP... The REMstar pro c-flex has a power brick.
If I read correctly, you now own 2 machines and 2 power bricks.
Try both power bricks. If the problem is in the original power brick; and you just plugged your newer machine into the old power brick, the problem will appear on both machines.

As for the SD card; it's primary purpose is to record data for analysis. If you were a truck driver, you'd have to hand over your SD card for proof of compliance to keep your commercial license. A secondary purpose of the SD card is: Your doc and/or DME may be able to put new machine settings on the card (works on ResMed, not sure about PR Machines.)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2016, 01:32 PM)justMongo Wrote: Going back to your OP... The REMstar pro c-flex has a power brick.
If I read correctly, you now own 2 machines and 2 power bricks.
Try both power bricks. If the problem is in the original power brick; and you just plugged your newer machine into the old power brick, the problem will appear on both machines

Actually, I had to buy a new power source around the time my humidifier went out.
It was getting really hot and shutting the machine down (like the other night ?)

Hmm...
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I found out what the problem was.

I took apart the unit and noticed that the red wire in the harness that goes to the heater was burnt.

I unplugged it and saw that the contact was totally oxidized.

Cleaned it with sandpaper put it back together and it works like new!
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you were able to diagnose and fix your problem Gazpacho!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 141 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 479 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Help with CPAP tuning for a noob arjaydev 1 265 02-08-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 273 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,089 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep
  Remstar plus self diagnosis setting? Sleepyjake 0 470 02-10-2023, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Sleepyjake
Question [CPAP] Noob - overwhelmed with Oscar Data Lobelia48 9 931 02-08-2023, 03:58 AM
Last Post: chewielotuses

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.