Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noob here, help appreciated!
RE: Noob here, help appreciated!
(10-07-2019, 09:15 AM)bonjour Wrote: Since you are out of pocket look at the next machine up The ResMed VAuto. It has similar capabilities but with the capability of higher PS and higher pressures. The PS is more important than the higher pressures

I will look into that as well. Is it just psychological that it seems easier to exhale during the middle of the night than when I first put the mask on when going to bed? I turned off the Flex as you suggested. Working on trying to get a cervical collar today. Also, if it makes an difference, Im mostly a side sleeper. These are from last night with the A-Flex disabled.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your sleep position can make a big difference. Can you "prevent" sleeping on your back?

Most of the clustering has dissipated, I'm a bit surprised. You can hold off on the collar for a bit. I don't like asking users to wear additional gear if it might not be needed.

Let's try a min pressure of 8 tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2019, 09:44 AM)bonjour Wrote: Your sleep position can make a big difference.  Can you "prevent" sleeping on your back?

Most of the clustering has dissipated, I'm a bit surprised.  You can hold off on the collar for a bit.  I don't like asking users to wear additional gear if it might not be needed.

I honestly dont sleep on my back very often. And when I did last night I woke up pretty quickly I think because my mouth opened up and and the airflow through my mouth aroused me. Ill hold off on the cervical collar for now then. I am having an issue with waking up in the middle of the night a few times a night and having to go back to sleep but I feel like its because Im not used to the mask yet. Thank you for all your advice, I really appreciate it!
Post Reply Post Reply
As you adapt to PAP, and maybe your body changes some, you may begin to sleep in a way that you couldn't previously.  If that turns out to be preferentially on your back, it will quite possibly be something you'll have to contend with.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2019, 09:44 AM)bonjour Wrote: Your sleep position can make a big difference.  Can you "prevent" sleeping on your back?

Most of the clustering has dissipated, I'm a bit surprised.  You can hold off on the collar for a bit.  I don't like asking users to wear additional gear if it might not be needed.

Ran it at 8 last night. Slept on my side all night ( i wake up a few times a night and take a drink of water). Didnt toss and turn much. Total time in apnea dropped significantly it seems. Is 15 a good number for max? The machine came with it at 5/20, but I thought 20 might have been someone else's setting so I turned it down to 15 to get accustomed to it on the second day I had it.

Post Reply Post Reply
For you adjusting the max has done nothing either way for your therapy. I leave max values alone unless they need to be lowered, and I do suggest that for many users. For you it didn't matter

RERAs are something we like to eliminate so we will keep an eye on them.

Let's try another night or 2 at these settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-08-2019, 07:45 AM)bonjour Wrote: For you adjusting the max has done nothing  either way for your therapy.   I leave max values alone unless they need to be lowered, and I do suggest that for many users. For you it didn't matter

RERAs are something we like to eliminate so we will keep an eye on them.

Let's try another night or 2 at these settings.

10-4. Will give these settings a couple more nights and post results. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, so once thing Ive noticed about the central clustering is that coincide with when Im actually starting to fall asleep. Ive noticed when I start to drift off, I stop breathing- to the point Ill wake up and gasp for air sometimes. Ive noticed this in the past, but now with the machine I can see the pattern, in addition to the fact that the machine pulses at me when I do it.

Im waking up with a little stomach acid in my mouth here and there. Had to get up and take some antacids twice last night. I think this is from swallowing air. I do burp a few times throughout the night and once I wake up in the morning. Ive read this could be normal when you first start using cpap.

Post Reply Post Reply
Not looking bad there overall. Those central clusters you mention as you're drifting off to sleep can be caused by breath holding if for example you're still moving around attempting to get comfortable.

Unless otherwise required or if others suggest to keep it, I'd turn off the VS2 event flag. It can give a cleaner chart, easier to focus on the other events.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So noted, Ill turn it off. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 77 1,763 9 hours ago
Last Post: Quitethe1
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 160 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 487 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,142 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [Treatment] Interpreting OSCAR data - any assistance would be incredibly appreciated :) SleepyVoyager 20 902 02-29-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New User - Advice greatly appreciated. sparklefists 15 1,033 02-20-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: sparklefists
  Help with CPAP tuning for a noob arjaydev 1 235 02-08-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Old Steve

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.