Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noob - posting first OSCAR screenshot
Noob - posting first OSCAR screenshot
Been using a Dreamstation AutoCPAP (DSX500H11) since January 2019 and am excited about this forum and tweaking my way to the next level. 

AHI last night was 1.85, which is particularly good for me (normally I hover between 2 and 3). Last night I reduced the max pressure to 10.5 (min is 9.5) where it had been 12 (A-Flex is set to 1). I made this change based upon reviewing historical data, noticing my pressures rarely goes above 10.5 for extended periods and when it does it's associated with a bad night's sleep (AHI 3.82). Am I wrong or maybe premature to drop the max pressure like that? Are there other setting tweaks you'd suggest? 

I've attached last night's data and a bad night's data from last month.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Noob - posting first OSCAR screenshot
Cool, the majority of your events are Central in nature so you may find that rather than reducing you base pressure your events may be further reduced by turning off flex. CA’s vary from night to night and are consistently inconsistent so you numbers tonight may be completely different with no changes
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Noob - posting first OSCAR screenshot
(02-07-2021, 01:02 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Cool, the majority of your events are Central in nature so you may find that rather than reducing you base pressure your events may be further reduced by turning off flex. CA’s vary from night to night and are consistently inconsistent so you numbers tonight may be completely different with no changes

@jaswilliams Thanks for the feedback! I will turn off flex and increase the max pressure closer to 12. I'm using nasal pillows (tried some alternatives early on without success) and would also like to reduce the amount of gas I get in my digestive system overnight, although the severity of that issue is secondary to figuring out how to keep my AHI consistently lower. Let me know if you have any thoughts about that topic too. I use the F&P Brevida nasal pillows (tried full face, etc, early on without success) along with a small piece of tape over the middle of my mouth to allow the possibility of an alternate mouth airway if needed (tried a chinstrap early on without much success). Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with CPAP tuning for a noob arjaydev 1 234 02-08-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 368 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  help with posting scrrenshots Oscar Bluesv6 3 386 03-13-2023, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Bluesv6
Question [CPAP] Noob - overwhelmed with Oscar Data Lobelia48 9 893 02-08-2023, 03:58 AM
Last Post: chewielotuses
  First time posting, asking for advice pavitazavala 2 505 02-03-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Total BIPAP noob consolidated thread Morgannon 3 465 01-24-2023, 02:54 AM
Last Post: Morgannon
  [Treatment] Posting for my husband - new to CPAP, aerophagia tmc712 5 21,737 11-06-2022, 12:44 PM
Last Post: tmc712

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.