Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noob with Central Sleep Apnea, AHI 145
RE: Noob with Central Sleep Apnea, AHI 145
(02-08-2016, 09:17 PM)Dawei Wrote: Michael, on the topic of BP meds, I know there are several categories, as justMONGO mentioned. While it's true that each of us reacts differently, I can share my experience. When diet and exercise alone wasn't doing the BP control job, I went to daily BP meds. At first, my doc at that time put me on a beta blocker. They made me feel terrible; side effects made me non-functional. That was a med he was used to prescribing. Then, a cardiologist who heard about what I was on suggested I give a sartan a try. That's when this family of meds was still pretty new. So, I got a script for Cozaar. Result, absolutely no side effects and BP was definitely down to normal. I have been continuing on this med (generic form is Losartan). The only potential problem, according to my current doc, is that my BP is watched to make sure it doesn't go too low. Over time, I've been able to cut down from 100mg/day to half that dose and BP steady as she goes with nice numbers; still absolutely no side effects.

David

Thank you David.

Been on Candesartan a month now, it's working well, without wiping me out. I have a digital BP cuff (that I checked accuracy of against my doctor's gear) and check my BP twice a day, and keep an eye on it and keep a record of it.

MWD

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 6 165 03-15-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 114 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Central Detection Driving Me Nuts!! Reznik 65 11,483 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: ChristianH
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 13 279 03-12-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 5 194 03-12-2024, 03:56 PM
Last Post: RoughriderTR
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 6 454 03-10-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,829 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.