Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Normal to feel worse?
RE: Normal to feel worse?
Hello, zooles. Bonjour has tremendous expertise, and he has given you guidance about your settings. It is fine for you to change your settings if you want to, or you can wait for your next clinic appointment if that would be more comfortable for you.

I think it is fairly common to feel worse for a while. Yes, your apnea is better, but your mind and body are making a major adjustment to a new set of sensations and experiences at night. That is disruptive to your sleep, quite possibly messing up your normal sleep stages.

By sticking with it and using your machine all night, though, you will help this process of adaptation. No telling how exactly how long or fast it will go, or how much sleep debt you may be paying off. But you are doing wonders for your long-term health by going down this path.

Keep us posted, would you?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to you and JoeyWallaby for your advice! I'm going to bring this information to my appointment on Monday and see what they say. I'm a little leery of making changes on my own since I just started treatment and I'd like to give my provider (is that a DME?) the opportunity to make the right adjustments.

I think it'll be a good test to see how willing they are to work with me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your response! I'm so glad I found this forum. I don't know anyone who has sleep apnea, so it's great to hear from others who have been there and to learn from people with so much experience. 

I'm so tired of feeling crappy that I'm determined to stick with this to see some improvement. I've used the cpap machine all night, every night so far and it hasn't been that hard to adjust to the gear on my face. Hopefully, the rest of me adjusts soon too. 

I'll be sure to update, especially after my appointment Monday.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quick stop at store first
Post Reply Post Reply
Good news! The clinic called to see how it's going and when I describe how I'm feeling, they checked my data and saw that my minimum pressure was too low. They set it to 7.  Smile

Hopefully, I'll see a difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi zooless,
WELCOME! to the forum!.
Good luck with your CPAP therapy and getting your settings dialed in.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2019, 03:52 PM)zooles Wrote: Good news! The clinic called to see how it's going and when I describe how I'm feeling, they checked my data and saw that my minimum pressure was too low. They set it to 7.  Smile

Hopefully, I'll see a difference.

Your clinic sound better than many!  Let us know how you do with the change in settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had three nights with the new minimum pressure at 7, but I haven't noticed a difference yet. 

I'm attaching OSCAR charts for those nights to see if the experts spot anything. To me, it looks pretty much the same as the data from the min. pressure at 5, but I still find it hard to interpret what I'm seeing. 

When I go in for my follow up appointment this afternoon, I planning to ask about changing the mode to "for her".

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your flow limitations and snores are somewhat reduced, I see.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 175 9 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 221 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 84 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 206 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 181 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 415 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 585 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.