Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nose Dryness Burning?
Nose Dryness Burning?
Hey so the inside bottom of my nose (basically the part of my nostril closest to my lip/face on the inside is feeling iritated. I been using lotion on it daily but it doesnt seem to be working

I use a heat humidifier and I really am at a loss as to why this is happening.

Any advice?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nose Dryness Burning?
Your nasal pillows may be too small or too large. They should not insert into the nostrils, but just a tiny bit... mostly resting just under the nose.

For the irritation that you have now, dab a bit of antibiotic ointment or cream on during the day to promote healing.

Before bed, use a nasal gel. I use Ayr nasal gel.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to get that when new to using a pap machine.  I put just a dab of Lanisoh cream on each pinky finger and rubbed it up in there as far as I could easily reach before masking up.  This helped a great deal.  I almost never need it anymore.

Lanishoh is the most commonly found form of pure lanolin one can buy.  It is in the baby department of most stores, as it is used to treat sore nipples by nursing mothers.  It works great for our purpose too.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2021, 10:43 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Your nasal pillows may be too small or too large.  They should not insert into the nostrils, but just a tiny bit... mostly resting just under the nose.  

For the irritation that you have now, dab a bit of antibiotic ointment or cream on during the day to promote healing.

Before bed, use a nasal gel.  I use Ayr nasal gel.

i use evora so they dont go in my nose at all
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,816 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 202 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 153 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,999 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 174 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 652 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 469 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.