Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] AirSense 10 smart start with nasal pillows
AirSense 10 smart start with nasal pillows
Hi All

I have an AirSense 10 Elite that is being used with nasal pillows and Smart Start enabled. The CPAP starts automatically but when the pillows are removed, it does not turn off automatically. The only way I can get it to auto off is by disconnecting the nasal pipe from the climate pipe as it looks like it is sensing some pressure restriction through the nasal pillows therefore preventing the turn off sensor from working.
Have other members found this also and is there a way around this please?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 smart start with nasal pillows
I occasionally had mine not stop. I hang my mask up on a hook on the all and if it doesn't turn off by the time I have got out of bed and hung it up, I just push the button on top of the machine. It doesn't happen all the time with me - just sometimes, and it happens with both the P10 and F10. If it is happening all the time, I would double check the mask setting and make sure it is set for pillows and not nasal mask - I originally set mine to nasal mask by mistake with the P10, and it didn't turn off.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jacto,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
If "SmartStart" gives you too much trouble, just disable it and push the button each time you start or stop therapy.
Hang in there for more suggestions and ansers to your question and good luck to you on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Never happens to me. If I remove the mask, the machine reliably shuts down within seconds.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine does shut down if I use a full mask and remove it but the auto shutdown does not seem to work when using the nasal pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
With my A10 Elite, I kept Smartstart on more for the start-up feature, but would press the button to stop air flow.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the answer:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-Shut-Down

See post #8 from zonk with the link to ResMed user guide. In short, smart stop won't work with pillows and pressure less than 7.0. OP's pressures are greater than 7 so it might be another issue. Simple enough to simply hit the stop button when therapy concludes. Take mask off first or you may register an event.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,752 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 361 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,000 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,455 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 314 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 385 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.