Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask fluttering on exhale
Sad 
Mask fluttering on exhale
Hello group 

I am using an air sense 10 with nasal mask and a few months ago I noticed the mask is fluttering as I exhale. I have definitely played with the settings on the machine so I probably caused it but it's driving me mad!

If there is a specific place to look, please let me know and I will check. I know there is a setting specific to XL and that's probably where this problem lies.

hoping and thanks for your advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask fluttering on exhale
Which nasal mask are you using? Maybe someone here is using your mask and can help. I would NOT think it has to do with settings.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Let me guess: you're using an N30i?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2020, 09:14 AM)multicast Wrote: Let me guess: you're using an N30i?

That's the mask that I use. I've noticed fluttering now and again, but I normally just ignore it and try to get some sleep.

In terms of "fixing" it - I agree with an earlier poster; I don't think it's a setting issue. It's likely an issue with fit.

I don't have nearly as much experience as others, so please correct me of I'm wrong, but I would do a few things:
1) Make sure you have the right size of attachment (the part that touches your nose)
2) Make sure it's not too tight (I find this is an issue with me, I overtighten and it leads to other issues)
3) Make sure it's sitting on the right spot for your face. For me, once I have a loose fit that doesn't leak, I move the mask up my nose a touch and give it a gentle push towards my nose. That normally gives me a nice fit with minimal leaks.

If you use mouth tape, make sure it's not too high as well. When I first started with mouth tape I had some issues because the tape was sitting a touch high and disturbing my mask fit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Had exactly the same problems, solved by switching to the P30i.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too found the N30i did not work nearly as well as the P30i.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Not to forget how quiet the P30i is.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,855 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed vibrates on exhale? webweaver 5 826 12-22-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  RESMED F30i Mask causing pulsing on exhale HULK 1 580 09-21-2023, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Normal for exhale peaks to be much greater than inhale peaks? stony82 4 536 09-20-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: stony82
  [Symptoms] Difficult to exhale by end of night threerottencats 0 442 08-12-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: threerottencats
Sad [Equipment] AIRFIT P10 problems -- too much pressure / can't exhale genieangel 9 9,056 07-13-2023, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Big Dave
  What AirCurve 10 ASV adjustment makes it easier to exhale against pressure? DevinJones 12 1,226 05-12-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: DevinJones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.