Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nose Red? Use Corn Huskers Lotion
Nose Red? Use Corn Huskers Lotion
In my first week of cpap therapy, I suffered greatly from lack of knowledge (spelled ignorance) as to how a mask should be installed. My nose paid a terrible price and rewarded me by becoming a red flag.

I don't know whether it's approved for use with cpap masks but I applied my old standard Corn Huskers Lotion on my nose a few minutes before putting the mask on and again the next morning after washing up. The redness faded away in a couple of days. I still use the lotion when my nose tells me to.

I checked the ingredients but my high school chemistry degree is not up to understanding much of what is listed beyond water and glycerin. The advertising says "No Oils." I think it lists alcohol too. I understand and have used that before. Smile

Try it at your own risk. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nose Red? Use Corn Huskers Lotion
I like the Aveeno with colloidal oatmeal, it heals my skin very quickly, and makes me feel much better. I am unfamiliar with your brand but will keep an eye out for it. I've also used Dermasil, but I prefer the AVeeno oatmeal, or really any of the good brands with the oatmeal. They are so soothing, and immediate relief.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2014, 08:50 PM)Galactus Wrote: I am unfamiliar with your brand but will keep an eye out for it.

It's been around for a thousand years. You'll have to have an ID that shows you are over 70 before you can buy it. They won't sell it to young whipper snappers. Big Grin

Google it and see what you've been missing.

Post Reply Post Reply
Alright I Googled, cause Google is my friend. These are the old corn huskers I found, but they refused to share any lotion with me!

[Image: corn-husking.jpg]

After fighting with those old folks I did find this;

[Image: Corn+Huskers+Lotion1.jpg]

And these scary ingredients!

[Image: 2036916.JPG]

I'll try and find some in the geriatric section of my local Wally World
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bless your heart. Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
I use pure lanolin straight from sheep's wool. Works every time.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
emu oil works great too.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have found Emu's hard to catch though. Go Huskers I mean corn husker lotion.
Good Luck!

Doc J (despite my nickname I am not a doctor)

Remember to donate to the board if you can, it has helped a lot of people including myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
emu are prevalent around here and we don't have to do the work to get the emu oil lol

in all seriousness, we bought emu oil for our child to help heal wounds that would not heal due to being diabetic and it worked well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,811 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 196 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 152 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,977 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 647 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 463 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.