Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nose Sore (Inside Nose)
Nose Sore (Inside Nose)
I'm still doing well on my titration and I return the machine tomorrow.

I have a tiny little raw spot or sore "inside" my nose. It developed a couple of days ago and it won't heal. It doesn't really bother me - but I would like to tackle it before it gets larger.

I don't have nose pillows ...I have an external nose mask.

How do I stop this tiny sore from getting worse?

PS. I haven't slept this deeply since I was a child. I'm loving it!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nose Sore (Inside Nose)
You might need more humidification.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2015, 03:47 PM)cate1898 Wrote: You might need more humidification.

It's on level 4 - should I raise it to 6?
Post Reply Post Reply
Trying raising it 1 first and see how that goes.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2015, 03:49 PM)cate1898 Wrote: Trying raising it 1 first and see how that goes.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2015, 03:48 PM)linn Wrote:

Beware of rainout. Once you go outside of the auto Climate Control on this model, I've found that rainout becomes an unpredictable problem. If you raise the humidity, you might also have to raise the hose temperature, if you're using a heated hose.

I keep a very cool bedroom, usually between 62-66, and I've found that my sweet spot is humidity = 5 and hose temperature = 84. But, I also live in an arid climate, so your sweet spot could be completely different.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2015, 06:39 PM)Possum Wrote:
(11-16-2015, 03:48 PM)linn Wrote:

Beware of rainout. Once you go outside of the auto Climate Control on this model, I've found that rainout becomes an unpredictable problem. If you raise the humidity, you might also have to raise the hose temperature, if you're using a heated hose.

I keep a very cool bedroom, usually between 62-66, and I've found that my sweet spot is humidity = 5 and hose temperature = 84. But, I also live in an arid climate, so your sweet spot could be completely different.

Thanks I will be getting a new machine tomorrow - hopefully I can figure this out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi linn,
Another thing you could try is to get one of the Neomed Sinus rinces. Get the one with the squeeze bottle and the salt packets and put warm water in it along with a salt packet and rince your nose out with it and hopefully that will help you. I have tried that and it works well for me, of course, YMMV.
Good luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2015, 08:59 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi linn,
Another thing you could try is to get one of the Neomed Sinus rinces. Get the one with the squeeze bottle and the salt packets and put warm water in it along with a salt packet and rince your nose out with it and hopefully that will help you. I have tried that and it works well for me, of course, YMMV.
Good luck.

Thanks Trish - I will try it Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep a good eye on it.. It could be a humidification problem, but with no rubbing irritation from not using a pillows style mask it could be something else. The (not healing) part should be a concern and perhaps a visit to a Dermatologist if things don't heal soon,
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,811 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 196 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 152 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,977 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Cervical collar causing sore throat? TechieHippie 6 426 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 647 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.