Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nose Soreness
Hi all. I am a new CPAP user, one week now. I have an AirSense 10 Autoset machine and am using an F&P Pilario Q nose pillow. I think I am having good success. My first few nights I was having 19 incidents per hour which worried me, but the last three have been better, 5, 5, and last nite .3.:grin:

My only issue so far seems to be a bit of nose soreness in the columlla area (I had to look that up Smile). It seems to burn a bit until I get he pillow adjusted just right then it is good for the night, but sore in the morning. I would appreciate any suggestions for a product to help with the redness and soreness.
a good fit and clean pillows are essential for me. Make sure your straps aren't pulling the pillows too tight against your nose - it should gently "float" there
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
You can also try lanolin cream or a nasal gel which seems to help.

Welcome and congrats on your AHI numbers.

I had nose soreness in the past. I use a dab of lanolin cream each night and it makes for a better seal plus minimizes the airflow abrasion. I don’t have the issue anymore.

Good Luck!

Hi dzwiss,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Try some HPA Lanolin cream (found in the baby isle of most stores.)
Put a "little" bit on the soar spots.
Hang in there for mor suggestions and much success as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Thanks for the advice. I tried nasal gel and lanolin cream. I guess I was a bit too late, but my nose is a wreck. Called the doc and hopefully will be able to try a new type of nasal mask, not pillows. Tonite I will sleep without he CPAP. I will miss it as I had been getting the best sleep in years.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using nasal pillows with cold sores in nose? sleepytimegal 7 202 01-19-2017, 08:18 PM
Last Post: sleepytimegal
  Cloggd Nose elling with ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet edmund36 7 604 12-17-2016, 03:31 PM
Last Post: edmund36
  [Equipment] what is the best full mask for high bridge nose plz right 6 268 12-15-2016, 11:56 AM
Last Post: PsychoMike
  New mask time. Full face and high nose bridge recommendations please muddles 3 243 12-13-2016, 06:20 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  airfit P10 sore nose duece12345 12 1,010 12-03-2016, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  sore nose Shirl 4 386 11-15-2016, 05:06 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  AHI index has taken a nose dive the past month pdbabb66 32 1,679 11-09-2016, 05:58 PM
Last Post: pdbabb66