Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nose bridge skin problem
Nose bridge skin problem
Hi.. 
I'm using Resmed Airfit F20 mask, the mask is perfect in everything except that  it makes me suffer from inflammation around my nose bridge. 
Could anyone give me an advise?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nose bridge skin problem
Try putting some soft cloth between the silicone and your skin - maybe 2 or 3 layers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check out the mask liner by PadaCheek Supplier #31.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had similar problems with the F20. Make sure your mask is the correct size for your face. Look at ResMed's measuring advice and sizing guide here: AirFit F20: How to measure your ideal mask size at home

My face was exactly between the Medium and Large sizes. I could not get a good enough fit with either size, so I changed to the ResMed AirFit F30 medium cushion setup. I like it much better since it has no parts of the mask up and around the bridge of your nose. For me, it is much more comfortable and effective than the F20. I would still consider the F2 as a backup mask if needed.

I wrote up a review on the F30 too. You can find it here. ResMed AirFit F30 - A Comprehensive Review and Helpful Tips

All the best.

Sleep-well
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
The F20 I used for a short time. The top of the mask would sit right where the pads from my glasses normally would on the bridge of my nose. I started developing painful sores. Like RayBee I switched to the F30 and have not looked back. The F30 can be a little fussy trying to get no leaks but I do much better with it. The P10's were just not for me, but the wife loves them.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 97 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,802 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 193 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 144 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,963 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.