Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nose congested
RE: Nose congested
I already verified this with my ENT. I just haven't had the surgery yet. At least one of my nostrils are almost always clogged at all times for the most part and it just rotates from nostril to nostril
Post Reply Post Reply
Your problem might be to enlarged turbinates in your nose. Ask your ear nose doctor?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2019, 09:24 AM)jakeconnor Wrote: Your problem might be to enlarged turbinates in your nose. Ask your ear nose doctor?

Yes I actually confirmed that my turbinate are pretty large with my ENT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2019, 07:31 PM)Michaely6 Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 09:24 AM)jakeconnor Wrote: Your problem might be to enlarged turbinates in your nose. Ask your ear nose doctor?

Yes I actually confirmed that my turbinate are pretty large with my ENT.

Michaely6, an ear nose and throat doctor prescribed for me Mylan-Beclo AQ 50MCG 200 Dose with otrivin. The compound pharmacy just adds  otrivin .
The Mylan-Beclo AQ 50MCG counters the nasal rebound effects of otrivin.  I have been using the spray for 3 years with no problems.

The other thing you could do is look into laser surgery to reduce the size of the turbinates in your nose. It is supposed to be a 30 minute procedure in a doctor's office.  I am trying to find a doctor to perform the procedure.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have suffered with bad sinuses and allergies my whole life. Now on a CPAP (last 9 days) it is also a concern of mine. I dont enjoy the humidifier and have noticed that it has helped and I am hoping that in the long run it helps me with congestion. I do use a steroid nose spray for allergies and try not to use Afrin except when I am sick.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for a of your feedback!
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anybody think mask type can have an impact on oxygen saturation such as a nasal pillow mask vs a full face mask?

Pretty much, is it possible for a nasal pillow mask to open the airway better to prevent oxygen saturation due to any type of nasal congestion compared to a full face mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
I've heard that yes nasal pillows and somewhat lesser nasal masks can force through congestion better than a full face. I've experienced it myself in limited nasal and pillows mask use.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it safe to say that nasal pillows hold the airway open better than a full face mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think I know the answer to that question. in three years I've only used a nasal pillows mask. it's great for opening up clogged sinuses. haven't had a night in 3 years the machine and mask wouldn't punch through congestion. as for the airway, IDK. one variable is the extent we can keep our mouth and lips from leaking, a perennial problem for me which a ffm might solve if I found one that will seal over a beard/mustache. my gut response, completely void of evidence, is that pressure is pressure; and if the pressure is the same at both styles of mask and leaks are the same, they will perform the same in terms of opening the airway. I'll be interested in what others have to say.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,809 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 194 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 151 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,973 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 646 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 463 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.