Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nose getting plugged by pediatric mask
Nose getting plugged by pediatric mask
We are trialing CPAP for my son. It seems to me that his nose is getting plugged just from wearing a mask ('seems' because I can't get a straight answer from him). We have a Wisp.
Loosening the mask helped somewhat, but not 100% and also introduced massive leaks. I tried the Pixi tonight but it seems to be causing the same problem
What to do?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nose getting plugged by pediatric mask
Any mask should not be worn too tightly as the seal relies on the cushion inflating a bit and resting on the nares in the case of a nasal pillows mask. I think you need to look at the fit and consider if a small adult mask might be better. It is hard to judge these things remotely on the internet. Many people feel air is restricted when using a nasal pillow that is too small. The Resmed Airfit P10 for her comes with three nasal pillows, XS, S and M, and that might be a good fit, and is certainly not a complicated mask or headgear.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nose getting plugged by pediatric mask
I do agree. When I use too small of the Wisp cushion, I feel like it's blocking my nose from getting enough air. So perhaps try a larger cushion size?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 193 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 150 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,971 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 646 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 463 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.