Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nose itches
Nose itches
How many of you after nicely settling on to your hose suddenly get an itch under your mask that slowly grows until u have to take off the hose and reach a finger into the hose hole and scratch?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nose itches
Drives you mad doesn't it? Happens to me almost every night.

Once you've got over the itch, then I get a dry throat and realise I should have had a drink!

This is supposed to be helping me get a good night's sleep!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2013, 06:16 AM)Lukie Wrote: How many of you after nicely settling on to your hose suddenly get an itch under your mask that slowly grows until u have to take off the hose and reach a finger into the hose hole and scratch?

Yep! There's no easy answer - if you've got an itch, you have to scratch. Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, I just started on CPAP (6 days) and this happens to me every night. I take the mask of for 10-15 seconds deal with the itch and put the mask back on. But I wonder if this is the correct way to do it.

I was checking ResScan today and i think that some unknown events are related to this. I put cream in my face before going to bed to keep it moistened, but i still have to take the mask like 5-8 times each night.

Do you know if it is better to shut off the machine every time and turn it back on again? Or this is one of those things that i will get used to.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2013, 06:16 AM)Lukie Wrote: How many of you after nicely settling on to your hose suddenly get an itch under your mask that slowly grows until u have to take off the hose and reach a finger into the hose hole and scratch?

With the Quattro Air, I just pop out the hose connector and scratch through that. It's still annoying, though, just not as annoying as having to remove the entire mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2013, 12:04 PM)Ellzud Wrote: I was checking ResScan today and i think that some unknown events are related to this. I put cream in my face before going to bed to keep it moistened, but i still have to take the mask like 5-8 times each night.

Do you know if it is better to shut off the machine every time and turn it back on again? Or this is one of those things that i will get used to.
Unknown apnea scored when leak higher than 30 L/m and the machine cannot detect type apnea correctly whether obstructive or central.

Its not recommended to put any cream on your face before bed, may cause a reaction. Washing mask every day and wash your face before bed helps with the seal. Yes its better to turn off the machine if getting up during the night. In time you,ll adjust and find the frequency of getting-ups decreases and sleep better too
Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your help. I will follow your advice.
One last question. If i turn off the machine at night to go to he bathroom or just deal with itching then the ramp period will be to long when i turn it on again. (s9 AutoSet).
Do you recommend to turn off ramp in this case?
Thx in advance for your response.
Post Reply Post Reply

Oh-jeezAngryAnnoyed-and-disappointed
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ellzud
Ramp, EPR and humidity levels are for comfort, making things comfortable is important.
I use Ramp for 15 minutes, start at 9 so it take 15 minutes for pressure increase from 9 to 10.4 (minimum set pressure). Its not a big deal but would have a problem if Ramp 45 minutes starting at 4, would feel like not getting getting enough air for long period of time

Everyone approach is different, there is no right or wrong. Experiment to find what works so you find your sweet spot

Post Reply Post Reply
Always...

(11-30-2013, 06:28 AM)malkie0831 Wrote: Drives you mad doesn't it? Happens to me almost every night.

Once you've got over the itch, then I get a dry throat and realise I should have had a drink!

This is supposed to be helping me get a good night's sleep!

Haha. I bought some straws so I could drink water through the hose connector with the Air.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 193 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 150 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,972 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 646 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 463 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.