Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nose seems constricted
Nose seems constricted
During the past couple of nights it has been a struggle to breathe through my nose at first into the machine. I have to take a breath every few seconds (through my mouth) until my nose seems to open up. Finally it does, and I'm able to breathe, but last night it was kind of scary.

Does anyone else have that problem? I don't believe I have a cold (no other symptoms). Just feels like either my nasal passages are swollen maybe?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nose seems constricted
Hmmm, I've had similar problems, but they were the result of polyps in my nasal passages. Have you talked with your sleep doctor, or an ENT, about this situation?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
No I haven't yet. I will, though. Never noticed it before because I was a mouth breather. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may have some polyps or some other issues with your nose. As, suggested, perhaps a visit to a ENT would satisfy any issues.

In the meantime, I suggest, that maybe a nasal rinse before crawling into bed would help the present situation. I occasionally use a NeilMed rinse with good success.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
I second the sinus rinse. I use the bottle with the sachet mixed with warm water as needed. I've also used the drip free Gel Spray works better than OTC. Here,s HeadGear review: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-old-forum

You may want to experiment with the humidifier setting up or down and keep a spare full face mask to use as you can breathe through the mouth as well if the nose feel congested.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk. Gonna see if I can find that spray today. Had an awful time getting adjusted last night. I'm also going to start lower on the pressure using the ramp. I've never done that, but new issues call for new solutions.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 193 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 149 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,969 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 645 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 463 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.