Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nose size, large nose and Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask
Nose size, large nose and Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask
Hello all,
I currently use a Nuance Pro nasal pillow mask with decent results. I use the size large pillow. Its been my only mask, and what the sleep clinic talked me into when i first started the whole cpap thing earlier this year.

since its the only one Ive used i cannot really compare to anything else.

I suspect Im not alone with this, but whenever I roll over onto either side I find i wake up to readjust the mask so it wont leak when in that position. So the benefit of a better sleep through good breathing is offset by waking up whenever i roll over, which is quite often through the night, and then having to fall asleep again. Ive been at this since february and havent noticed really any improvement in my restfullness. The computer printouts say everything is great, but of course it really doesnt know how long it takes me to get back to sleep after each movement. Anyhow, I digress.

I have a large nose, Dielaughing and have been researching different types of masks. Id like to try something other than this nasal pillow mask, at least as a change once in a while. I like what Ive been reading about the respironics wisp, and there is a review within the product review forums, but for the life of me cannot find within any of the posts where the person indicates the size of their nose. Dont-know Or facial hair. Now to me, this seems like it would make a very big difference on how a mask fits and seals, and some designs would fit better than others. So then, anyone that has used this mask, I would love to hear what size your nose is and associate that with your review of the mask, and weather or not you have a mustache. These things are not cheap, and to buy a mask a find out it doesnt fit is just not within my budget.

there is a thread started within the product review forum of this Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask that has some very good input, but virtually no nose size info. If one of those people read my post and know the size of there nose Huhsign I would love to hear from you.

maybe Im out to lunch on this whole nose size issue, and if so please let me know, and thanks in advance all who give me some useful advise.
Thanks

Oh, and this is my first post! Hello fellow Darth Vaders!

And by the way, I have a couple brand new small and medium nose pillows for my Nuance Pro if someone wants them, never used. It would be a shame to throw them out. just pm me with your address.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nose size, large nose and Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask
Supplier #1 sells many masks with 'free' return insurance. Something to consider?

The Wisp does sell in a 'fit pack' with petite, medium, and large sizes in it. I have a beard and have no issues with the Wisp - problem is what one person loves, another hates - hence buying masks with return insurance.

Best luck
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
I mainly use the PR Wisp nasal mask [Large] and have no problems at all with leaks and I tend to move from side to side a bit too, I guess my nose is medium large and there seems to be plenty more room available that my nose in not taking up, I might add it is a bit "noisier than my other mask the F&P Pilairo Q though. There is also plenty of adjustment available with the headgear to get it just right.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi rosok,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
When I was using the Wisp, I used a petite sized cushion.
BTW, sometimes it takes quite a while before you notice improvement so just stick with it.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Smaller than Pinocchio, maybe about Jimmy Durante.
How do YOU measure your nose?
I use the wisp with the Large cushion, the extra large was too big, it didn't taste good.
My nose seems to extend into the hole where the hose connects but only occasionally touches anything. I have taken the mask off to look inside, but never see my nose touch anything when I do.
I seem to flop around slightly less than a fresh caught salmon and only occasionally have to adjust the mask for leaks.
I only find the mask noisy when the exhaust is blocked by bedding or my arm.

I don't intentionally have any facial hair except when I "forget" to shave.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2014, 10:14 PM)bwexler Wrote: Smaller than Pinocchio, maybe about Jimmy Durante.
How do YOU measure your nose?

You know, I think my nose is just normal Rolleyes and don't have any measurements, but just yesterday my 12 yr old was telling me how gigantic my nose is! I'm sure he really does love me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 1 28 44 minutes ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,791 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,073 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 155 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 497 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,815 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.