Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nostrils too big for nasal pillow mask?
Nostrils too big for nasal pillow mask?
Hello,
I always knew, that I have a big nose :lol: I wasn't aware that my nose is very narrow, but long and big nostrils.
So far I have found the "under the nose masks" e.g. Dreamwear nasal or Resmed N30i with medium size (sometimes even with small!) to be enough wide. They sit under my nostrils and loosely cover the width of my nose.

But now I have a problem with the nasal pillow masks, which I would prefer (Dreamwear Gel nasal pillows or Resmed P30i). Obviously my nostrils are too big for the respective L version of these masks, as I still have some leaks with them.
Question: does anyone know of a pillow mask where the nose pillows are even larger? means XL?
Thanks for your info,  if anyone knows anything...
LG Christian Wave[Image: icon_wave.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nostrils too big for nasal pillow mask?
Try the Resmed Airfit P10 with large cushion. I am also wishing for an XL nasal pillow as my nose is affected by Rhinophyma. So far the Airfit is working well.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nostrils too big for nasal pillow mask?
The Brevida has a slightly different style of pillow that may work well for you. I also found the headgear more comfortable than the P10, for what it's worth.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Impact of Resmed P10 on Nostrils ivan007 1 73 03-26-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 155 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,076 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,857 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.