Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not 100% sure yet, but I don't think CPAP is helping me, need suggestions
RE: Not 100% sure yet, but I don't think CPAP is helping me, need suggestions
Nick,
Set your min pressure =6 and your EPR= 2 full time.
This should help your flow limits some.

How do you feel? Does it feel like you are breathing through a straw? If so set your min pressure = 7.

Very important for you to state how you feel, and be critical. Your numbers say you are good, better than good in fact.
Why do you think your are waking up? How do you feel when you wake up? write some notes down when you do to prod your memory in the morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also I noticed the dates on the Oscar aren't syncing up to the FlashPAP, like it's importing them as a night after night. So like it's still showing July even though it's August, I'm not sure if thats because I skipped a night or not but it just seems to put all the data in the same month in a row so like 1-8 for 8 nights even if those nights weren't  back to back. Also my AHI has been under 2 on all the data here's the latest daily. I just sleep 2 hours and wake up any suggestions? I tried taking the restless leg stuff isn't doing anything same amount of sleep.

Link to latest daily:
https://ibb.co/F5J5sCG

Should I turn off ramp? how do I fall back asleep with this thing? Do I have to go to the clinical settings to adjust the settings u mentioned?

I usually feel like I gotta burp when I wake up. Should I cut out all caffeine?
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR is obtaining its dates from your SD card. Are you sure that your Resmed clock is the current time and date?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, Resident Sleeper. Your most recent chart is the same as the one you posted earlier. Could you double-check and post the one that is really the latest?
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok here's some data from 3 other dates  it only shows the 1st as 6 mins so I picked the dates before. I think the high numbers somethings off bc all the other dates it's like 1-3 AHI

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, RS.  Bonjour's advice remains pertinent, so I've pasted it in below.  I would also recommend turning the ramp off.  And do check the clock function in your machine, per Crimson Nape.

Do you need help changing your settings?  Try using the link for set-up manuals at the top of the page; if you have questions, just ask.

Set your min pressure =6 and your EPR= 2 full time.
This should help your flow limits some.

How do you feel? Does it feel like you are breathing through a straw? If so set your min pressure = 7.

Very important for you to state how you feel, and be critical. Your numbers say you are good, better than good in fact.
Why do you think your are waking up? How do you feel when you wake up? write some notes down when you do to prod your memory in the morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
Only thing was off was time by 3 hours.

Should I get a finger SP02 sensor? Will that help at all something like the o2ring
Post Reply Post Reply
Also wanted to add minimum was set at 5 put it on 6 with epr of 2. Also noticed mask setting was pillows instead of full face so switched it to full face.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't think of any reason why you'd need an O2 monitor. It would be helpful if you'd post the daily chart from last night with the new settings, and also say how you're feeling today.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok here's last nights chart slept like 2 hours .5 hours in the beginning was just wearing mask 

set min pressure to 6 with EPR to 2. 

Same amount of sleep 2 hours 

I woke up and my tongue felt swollen and sore like it usually does and neck shoulder and upper back tightness

When I'm tired I have zero prob falling asleep when I put the mask on, prob is after 2 hours I cant sleep as easy and usually then sleep again 1-2 hours and every subsequent time I wake up it's harder to go back to bed bc I'm slightly less tired.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 155 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 181 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,928 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 252 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 305 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 288 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
  Decent - but we all deserve better than that! Suggestions please. CPAPveteran 9 586 12-28-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.