Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not able to bring my AHI reading down
RE: Not able to bring my AHI reading down
(04-17-2018, 08:30 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I agree with the above comments.  I'd like you to try increasing the EPR setting from 1 to 2 or 3.  This will help to reduce the hypopnea, however since it drops your exhale pressure, you should compensate by adding 1 or 2 to your minimum pressure of 12.  EPR should make the therapy more comfortable, and we have seen good results on reducing hypopnea.  Give it a try and see if it works for you.  I think if you can resolve the positional apnea issue, you will end up with very good results and better sleep.

I agree. I would also try turning EPR off to see what that does. Just do one thing at a time and give it some time to see what effect it has.
Post Reply Post Reply
Follow OpalRose and Sleeprider's advice. There's no need to turn off EPR and you can drop your maximum pressure back to 16cm like you had it.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2018, 10:28 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Follow OpalRose and Sleeprider's advice. There's no need to turn off EPR and you can drop your maximum pressure back to 16cm like you had it.

You don't know what it will do until you try it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2018, 10:37 AM)Ron AKA Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 10:28 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Follow OpalRose and Sleeprider's advice. There's no need to turn off EPR and you can drop your maximum pressure back to 16cm like you had it.

Actually I do know. It will make it harder to exhale without any good reason to have to do so. Oh-jeez
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2018, 11:07 AM)Walla Walla Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 10:37 AM)Ron AKA Wrote:

Actually I do know. It will make it harder to exhale without any good reason to have to do so. Oh-jeez

I am afraid that we do not agree on all aspects of CPAP treatment. Perhaps we should agree to disagree and not debate the point in someone else's thread.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 20 988 03-08-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 237 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Help reading Oscar Charts Wisurid 3 385 12-25-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 478 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Would like some help reading my OSCAR data dynamo 13 669 12-08-2023, 11:38 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Low Tidal Volume reading rhwoe 8 740 12-04-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: rhwoe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.