Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not enough pressure?
Not enough pressure?
I am using a Resmed Airsense 10 on Auto 8-20
I am experiencing difficulty breathing to the extent that I pull off my mask after 2-4 hours.
When I had a lab sleep study, the first time they started a cpap I felt such a tremendous sense of relaxation, it was like I finally realized how much energy I was putting into keeping my airway open for so long. I was so excited to start cap therapy based on this experience but I have not experienced it again. I'm very discouraged and wonder how and why this occurred. My doctor said the study indicated I needed a pressure of 12. I was having trouble getting enough air so they changed it to auto and I have it set at 8-20 pressure. I'm still feeling like I'm not getting enough air and the events on my report are consistently above 5. Could the lab study have started the pressure super high and then dialed back to what they thought the lowest amount pressure I would need? If this is the case then that great relaxed feeling I initially had would indicate I need a very high pressure setting I still do not have. If my theory isn't correct I'm not sure why I had that experience and am really disappointed so far with using an apap/cpap machine. My sleep report I can access through Myair daily does not tell me how high the pressure went during the night which would help me figure out perhaps what is going on.
Maybe my experience was imaginary but I felt like I finally understood what it felt like to breathe and sleep without obstruction
only to never experience that again.
Thanks for any thoughts/advice
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Not enough pressure?
Hi Julia63,
Welcome to Apnea Board!

In order to help advise, we need to see some data.  

Download the free OSCAR software.  Be sure there is an SD card in your Pap machine.
From the daily page in OSCAR, you will need to take a Screenshot.  

For starters we need to see the following graphs:  Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Flow Limitation and Leak Rate.

Use the F12 key (on a Mac, Fn+F12) to take that Screenshot. Use Standard view.

Follow the links in my signature line for Organizing your chart and using the Attachment Feature to post it here.

Also, if you have a copy of your sleep study, post it here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,028 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 989 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 669 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,590 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,440 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,395 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard
Question 90% Pressure meaning & Setting Correct Pressure for Auto-CPAP dk2011 2 3,695 12-28-2018, 05:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.