Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not feeling better, advice?
RE: Not feeling better, advice?
Look at the correlation with the forced "breath" (black tic marks) and the rise in Mask Pressure against the Flow Rate which did not respond. That to me looks like insufficient pressure differential to provide a sufficient breath.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could you please review all of your major settings?
EPAP min
EPAP max
PS min
PS max
max pressure
BPM
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also based on this flow limitation that the machine is doing nothing about, we are going to set PS min at 4.0

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10598]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Settings are at

Max pressure 25
Epap min 10
Epap max 23
Ps min 2
Psmax 10
Bpm auto
Flex type bi-flex 
Bi-flex 3

I don't know what the resistive value is for the f20 mask so that isn't set.... I run full humidity level 5 and still deal with dry mouth so I use biotene gel.... Works well, tried there mouth wash but just didn't last.... 

The machine can go up to 25 and I only really see 22ish so I could up my min pressure again, but I was struggling staying a sleep when it was at 15...11-12 seems to keep more comfy and not being woken up by the machine every hour...
Post Reply Post Reply
Try these changes:
Max pressure 25
Epap min 10
Epap max 23 Change to 15
Ps min 2 Change to 4
Psmax 10 Change to 12
Bpm auto
Flex type bi-flex
Bi-flex 3 Change to 2
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok sorry I just saw this now, didn't get the email saying someone responded....I will tweak those settings...I have another night on those other settings with the collar on from last night..Getting a little better, I dislocated a rib last night so woke up and can't breath....
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I wanted to give it a couple days to try each setting....The last set of raising the ps min and lowering the epap down to 15 didn't go so well...The first screen shot is from that....So I raised the epap up to 21 and then the ps min up to 4...Last two nights on that setting has been good...

I have been having issues with the F20 mask and its only getting worse so i am only getting about 4-5 hours using it....But my AHI numbers have dropped a lot since the last pressure changes...I finally got ahold of the DME after 2 weeks of trying to get my masked exchanged...I wanted to try the mirage liberty as some have suggested with my higher pressures....But guess what, he doesn't recommend that mask and said he is going to have a hard time getting it....I kind of said I don't really care I haven't tried that kind of mask before and everything else hasn't work....He said his manager wanted me to try the F30 first....I am not opposed of the f30 and its I different style but I have tried the amara with the same style and that didn't work....But said I will give it a try but if that doesn't work I want a mirage liberty....trying to work with them a little bit also...So now i have to wait a week for them to get it delivered to me as they have to order it and there mailing it directly to me so I don't have to wait for a appointment......

I am really hoping the F30 will work for me...I get to keep my F20 at no charge so maybe its a case I have to wear a different mask a couple times a week to give my nose a couple days to heal....I wish I could find a mirage liberty online from ebay or amazon at a reasonable cost...I have found a new amarad, quattro fx, and mirage quattro for reasonable on those two sites...I am on disability so I don't have a lot of extra cash with 6 kids...but 20-50 bucks is doable to give something a try...Once my 6 months is up for my insurance to pay for whole new mask I am switching dme to my old one that I used about 3 years ago....They have every mask out there and if they don't have it they can get it in a day or two....Plus they are super open for letting me try anything I want and they use it as a learning experience for them also...That way when they have a case like me they have something to recommend... 

So what you guys think about my pressure settings?  about the best I can get?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 250 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,778 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 256 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.