Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not feeling it....
RE: Not feeling it....
(10-02-2013, 06:07 PM)PsychoMike Wrote:
(10-02-2013, 05:06 PM)me50 Wrote: DME's in the U.S. will not change the pressure on a machine without a script for it.

That sucks....but I suppose down there everyone and their brother is afraid of getting sued. Sad That's part of the reason for this forum, I guess....empower folks to take charge of (at least part of) their treatment.

People in the U.S. as a whole are pretty sue happy. The sad part is, those who really need to sue in cases of medical negligence, etc. usually cannot get a lawyer b/c there is a limit on what can be recovered and it is expensive to hire experts, etc. and when it is said and done, nobody gets any money and the hospitals, doctors, etc. get away with it and many, many people die b/c of it. I know this first-hand as I am without my child and 2 children are without their parent and the hospital will continue to do this knowing they will most likely get away with it.

One thing I can do is take control of my medical issues and do what I can to keep me safe!! I know I cannot count on doctors, DME, nurses, etc. to look after my best interest!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for the replies. The snoring IS stopped with either the pillows or the ffm. Issue is the comfort with the ffm vs the pillows. I can "move" with the pillows where the ffm is very uncomfortable after a time BUT I do feel like I can breathe while falling asleep with the ffm where - not as good with the pillows.

The machine I have is a Remstar Pro 460P. It does have a card that I am going to attempt to dl data from to the "SleepyHead" program and see if it shows anything relevant to the discussions here.

Really wondering if anyone has had to change the pressure due to the reduced surface area of the pillows vs the area of the ffm,.

Thanks again everyone for all of the support
Post Reply Post Reply
Josephmg50, welcome, the pressures should be the same with both, I use a FFM and are on both my back and side, what I find the best with any mask is to hve it coming from above your head not by your side. There is a product you can buy called a hose lift but I made one myself, apart from stopping getting tangle it also pulls the mask up rather than down so doesnt leak as much either.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2013, 09:07 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Josephmg50, welcome, the pressures should be the same with both, I use a FFM and are on both my back and side, what I find the best with any mask is to hve it coming from above your head not by your side. There is a product you can buy called a hose lift but I made one myself, apart from stopping getting tangle it also pulls the mask up rather than down so doesnt leak as much either.

I will give that a try. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2013, 09:07 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Josephmg50, welcome, the pressures should be the same with both, I use a FFM and are on both my back and side, what I find the best with any mask is to hve it coming from above your head not by your side. There is a product you can buy called a hose lift but I made one myself, apart from stopping getting tangle it also pulls the mask up rather than down so doesnt leak as much either.

I am not sure what you mean by the mask coming from above your head and not by your side.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I meant the hose not the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2013, 09:45 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Sorry, I meant the hose not the mask.

My hose is attached to the front of my Quattro fx but it doesn't come over the top of my head and attach to the front of my mask. the hose comes from the back of my machine and is at the head of our bed but not over my head. I am sure I am misunderstanding what you mean which doesn't surprise me after the hectic day I had.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2013, 07:52 AM)zonk Wrote: Hi Josephmg50 and welcome
First does help to know which model PRS1 machine are you using, take water tank out and flip the machine upside down ... model number printed on the label. Models numbers below 460 (60 series)/450 (50 series) are not data capable machines

Data capable machines shows AHI and leak which are important indicators if the delivered therapy is optimal or if adjustment is needed otherwise if you bump the pressure and having leaks, the escape air is not helping to keep the airways open so you would snore and suffer an apnea attack which might be the cause of the headache but just a guess without knowing some basic data like AHI (obstructive, clear airway events) and leaks

You need to followup with your sleep doctor, family GP might not the best person to guide you

Its essential to find a mask that feel comfortable, won,t hurt to try nasal mask, its between full face and nasal pillows

So my machine is the RemStar Pro 460P. I can not get any program mentioned on here to read anything off of the data card. Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2013, 05:52 PM)Josephmg50 Wrote: So my machine is the RemStar Pro 460P. I can not get any program mentioned on here to read anything off of the data card. Any suggestions?
There is a patch to be installed with SleepyHead to works with 60 series machines but not required anymore with the updated version

Check the link in "archangle" signature http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...structions

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2013, 05:06 PM)me50 Wrote:
(10-02-2013, 01:20 PM)PsychoMike Wrote: While I know not everyone can afford the luxury / necessity, that is one time where an auto machine is a blessing...and if data capable, so much the better. The conversation at the DME is pretty easy when it is "Yeah, so the machine is usually running at a higher pressure than the base and it isn't comfortable for me where it starts...here, have a look at the data. Can we bump the starting pressure up?"

It's usually a "no argument" pressure change at that point, FME Wink

DME's in the U.S. will not change the pressure on a machine without a script for it.

You could always intentionally snore for a few minutes to trick your machine into raising the pressure quickly.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 259 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 326 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 308 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 547 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,088 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 560 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.