Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not feeling rested with low AHI
Not feeling rested with low AHI
Dear Forum users,

I have a low AHI of less than 5 but I am not feeling rested.

I have attached my screenshots.

Any changes that I should make?

Not feeling as bad as without using cpap but not feeling as rested as when I first started using cpap.

One change is I have gain a little more weight since.

My previous settings are at 8 min, 20 max.

I have managed to increased it to 12 min, 17 max.

Thank you in advance for the advice.

Machine settings are:

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Not feeling rested with low AHI
Another day results

Post Reply Post Reply
  • Sorry to bump this thread as it seems to have been missed out. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Everything I see in your charts is obstructive, including the CA events you zoomed in on. I suspect part of the problem is chin-tucking and cutting off your airway. Especially in the first set of charts the OA events are clustered in to groups and the pattern is also visible in the snores and flow limits. You certainly made the right move to increase minimum pressure to 12.0. Read the wiki article on positional apnea and think about what in your sleep ing setup (pillows, body position) might contribute to obstruction.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the reply !

My head tends to tilt forward when I'm sleeping now that you've mentioned it. I've also noticed chin tucks. 

I will try the solution and report back my results.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 257 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 326 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 307 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 546 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,085 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 559 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.