Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not last night, but the night before...
Not last night, but the night before...
Well Pap-pers,
I didn't post this yesterday because I'm sure it's a freaky machine read outlier, or a blip or alien interference...

But the night before last (cause I expect you all to be reading this mostly on Thursday)

I saw when I woke the first time on my Resmed display, a FROWNY FACE!!!
(we need one of those to the left ...big red frowning frowny)

AHI of 9.6 and only .9 or so was OSA.
most of it was centrals and for the first time ever, my ResScan registered
Cheyne-Stokes breathing.Dont-know

I did have some time where I accidentally lost my mask...maybe it was the return to therapy after a gap surely filled with nasty apnea gnomes. Bug-eyed

No I do not have congestive heart failure...
Like I said, surely an odd blip, but if either show up again tomorrow A.m I shall try and share my charts again.

New mask the Nuance...washed the nose pillows and boy they stink of some nasty plastic industrial smell....but here goes...

Hope you all are out there sawing logs and catching z's.

Susan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Not last night, but the night before...
I have heard the expression "alien visitation" with regards to odd nights.

You will probably be able to find sections of your sleepyhead chart where events are occurring in clumps. Remember the AHI is an average over the whole night, so if you have a clutter of events, are awakened, and have trouble falling back to sleep [and just give up] there is less of the quiet-ish sleep to balance out the noisy part.

It can get a little frustrating when you are getting CAs in abundance, because the machine doesn't respond to those.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Not last night, but the night before...
Oh, my dear!!! You have the grim!!!

I think the frowny face will say something next to it about "mask seal" or "humidifier." It's probably "mask seal," i.e. leaks.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 10 151 1 hour ago
Last Post: Valtor
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 1 42 2 hours ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 235 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 150 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 69 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 209 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 181 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.