Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not new member but have a question [about power outage]
Not new member but have a question [about power outage]
I have a CPAP Resmed10 and finally after exploring use a Dreamwear mask and love it. My wife forced me to do a sleep study around 4 years ago. The technician told me I had 4500 somethings a night and on the second night of the test I had very few and was prescribed a machine after using their machine for the test. I have been a member of your site for a while but lost my credentials and had to start over. My score when I wake up id .02 to .50 so hang in ther newer CPAP users it will help. Now my question is....Last night after four years of nightly CPAP and appreciating it for what it does for my sleep we had a power outage and my machine didn't work. I want to know the best way for me to have a CPAP that works during an outage. Do I buy a CPAP with internal batteries or get a UPS for my CPAP.  
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Not new member but have a question
Welcome back! The hardware pro's will be with you shortly.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Not new member but have a question [about power outage]
No, a computer UPS won't last for very long. Do a forum search of titles containing keywords like "camping" and "outage" and whatever else you can think of. Someone else will help with more info but that's a great place to start.

how to do a forum search:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rum-Search
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Not new member but have a question [about power outage]
Jonhnnyh14,

This thread is in the list Possibly Related Threads at the bottom of this thread
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...P-machines

Should have a lot of info for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 135 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,788 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 228 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 495 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,406 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,022 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 403 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.