Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not recording proper usage
Not recording proper usage
So I just got back from a trip to Norfolk, VA and I took my machine with me. I used it every night for at least 7 hours, but each morning when I woke up it said my usage was actually less than what I used it for. The first night, which I slept great and my AHI was down to 3.0, I slept for over 7 hours, but the usage only showed a tad under 6 hours. The last night I used the machine for right about 7 hours, but the machine showed I used it for less than 6 hours. I traveled from Hawaii to Norfolk and did not mess with the time settings at all. Not really understanding why I was getting incorrect usage hours and wondering if I should believe the AHI numbers if the usage is incorrect.

Anyone else have this issue?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Not recording proper usage
You are from Hawaii (UTC -10:00), and you went to VA (UTC -4:00), that is difference in 6 hours due to timezone differences. It is possible that your machine was putting the time in the next/previous day (switch over is typically 12 Noon).

Your sleepyhead daily report would show the sessions you had and how long they were.
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
Well gosh! The time change from Hawaii to the east coast must have cancelled out the hours of CPAP use.

I have no idea what happened, but figured, anyone that has been in Hawaii can handle the abuse. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you have a large leak at all?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2015, 10:54 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Well gosh! The time change from Hawaii to the east coast must have cancelled out the hours of CPAP use.

I have no idea what happened, but figured, anyone that has been in Hawaii can handle the abuse. Smile

I am thinking it has something to do with the timezone changes.

Yeah Hawaii is beautiful, but I am really looking forward to getting back to CONUS permanently next year.

(06-06-2015, 11:02 PM)Adoniscmj Wrote: Did you have a large leak at all?

I haven't downloaded the data to sleepyhead yet, but I got all smiley faces on the machine. I'll check that out.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm having the same problem with my Aircurve 10 ASV. Sleepyhead is showing me that the recording is for the day before, and when I hit the stop button when I wake up, after so many hours; even if I get up to pee or not, it says 0:30 on the timer, even if I had it on for over 8 hours. I plan on calling the DME back tomorrow. Might have to have them come mess with it, or switch out my machine. My doctor said she noticed that chunks of my data have been missing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2015, 07:09 PM)JVinNE Wrote: I'm having the same problem with my Aircurve 10 ASV. Sleepyhead is showing me that the recording is for the day before, and when I hit the stop button when I wake up, after so many hours; even if I get up to pee or not, it says 0:30 on the timer, even if I had it on for over 8 hours. I plan on calling the DME back tomorrow. Might have to have them come mess with it, or switch out my machine. My doctor said she noticed that chunks of my data have been missing.
There have been some issues reported using sleepyhead and the Aircurve 10 ASV. You might try ResScan and see if it sees something different.
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a similar problem with my new Aircurve 10 Vauto. When I looked at my Sleepyhead data there were blocks of time in which it did not record anything. It was losing blocks of data every night and it was under reporting my usage. I exchanged the first machine and the second one did the same thing.

I believe it is caused by an overzealous compliance algorithm. The machine looks at several parameters to decide if you are really using the machine or not. If the machine is running and it senses you are not really using it, it stops recording data.

In my case, I switched to a full face mask an the problem went away--even though I had a smiley face for low leakage when using the nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2015, 07:21 PM)krelvin Wrote:
(06-07-2015, 07:09 PM)JVinNE Wrote: I'm having the same problem with my Aircurve 10 ASV. Sleepyhead is showing me that the recording is for the day before, and when I hit the stop button when I wake up, after so many hours; even if I get up to pee or not, it says 0:30 on the timer, even if I had it on for over 8 hours. I plan on calling the DME back tomorrow. Might have to have them come mess with it, or switch out my machine. My doctor said she noticed that chunks of my data have been missing.
There have been some issues reported using sleepyhead and the Aircurve 10 ASV. You might try ResScan and see if it sees something different.

It's not just Sleepyhead. The machine will log time I spend on it, and then on the last button push of the night, to turn it off, I notice it says 0:30 instead of the full 7-9 hours I had it running.

(06-07-2015, 07:32 PM)swwalden1 Wrote: I had a similar problem with my new Aircurve 10 Vauto. When I looked at my Sleepyhead data there were blocks of time in which it did not record anything. It was losing blocks of data every night and it was under reporting my usage. I exchanged the first machine and the second one did the same thing.

I believe it is caused by an overzealous compliance algorithm. The machine looks at several parameters to decide if you are really using the machine or not. If the machine is running and it senses you are not really using it, it stops recording data.

In my case, I switched to a full face mask an the problem went away--even though I had a smiley face for low leakage when using the nasal mask.

I also use a FFM; a Simplus. What would cause it to compute that I am not using it, when I am totally using it at compliance? I don't get it.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you put the machine in Auto-OFF, then it won't make a difference if you think you are still using it. But, at least you won't have to push the button to stop it. Maybe that will prevent you from getting the 0:30 reading.

By the way, watch the screen for a couple minutes and see if 0:30 reduces to 0:29 or 0:28.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 160 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 902 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 626 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  as11 not recording data Irish44395 8 396 01-06-2024, 06:07 AM
Last Post: Irish44395
  Extreme Anxiety during day after CPAP usage...something physiological? gohoos1998 9 718 12-29-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Leedsunited92
  [CPAP] Need some help if possible - sudden change in response from 4hrs to 1.5hrs usage OverflowingJoyEntity 6 488 11-28-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: OverflowingJoyEntity

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.