Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not sleeping as great as used to
Not sleeping as great as used to
Hello,

Over the past month, my quality of sleep seems to be diminishing.  The "how I feel" metric is not nearly as good as it used to be.  The numbers are creeping up a bit.  AHI has been consistently over 3 for the past month.  I understand that is still within range, but my sleep quality seems to be impacted by the subtle increase.  Or, maybe it is just a coincidence?

Any thoughts?  Pressure increase?  Raise or lower my head (Currently use a super flat pillow)? 

Thanks!!

Hello,
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Not sleeping as great as used to
I don't know what your night's charts looked like back in June or in March, but you show quite a few CAs, which are reflected in the left-side summary. Have you gained weight, have any other life's circumstances of note changed (good or bad), have you lost a partner, have you entered into a relationship...had a cold recently?  Maybe got COVID and didn't have it manifest?
Post Reply Post Reply
CA's have always been the issue. Just not that many. The charts from earlier in the year are similar, just with a lot less CA's. No lifestyle changes or illnesses. Ironically, when I did have a cold, possibly Covid, my AHI was under 1.

I will keep doing what I am doing and maybe my body will adjust. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Not sleeping as great as used to....Please offer suggestions!!
Hopefully someone can give some advice or suggestions.....I truly do appreciate the help!!

Over the past month, my numbers have gone up with no changes in lifestyle or illnesses.  I don't wake up feeling rested.  I feel fatigued right off the bat.  

My settings were the same for over a year.  Over that time period, the average AHI was 2.4.  I understand that my numbers will never be less than 1.  A 2-3 range with a good night sleep would be the perfect scenario.  That has been the case up until recently.  Centrals are the overwhelming majority of nightly events.  Very few obstructive, if any.  Did change to the nasal pillows last month from a full face mask.  Numbers were very similar up until recently.

So, here are 3 recent nights.  Last night, I did adjust the pressure up to 9 to see if that worked.  It did not.  I am beyond frustrated.  I do appreciate any suggestions and advice.

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you always used EPR? Let's try setting EPR at 1 and see if that helps.

Also, higher pressures won't help with CA's, but you may need to adjust higher if Obstructives increase.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. Yes, at the recommendation from this board, I have my EPR set at 3. Would you recommend dropping the pressure back to 8?
Post Reply Post Reply
Set the pressure back to 8cm with EPR at 1. This way, you're only making one change at a time.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do. Thank you for the suggestion. Will see how that goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Note that here we do not assume that EPR WILL lead to increased CA events at a problematic level. Congrats you have done so. As Opal as said the solution is to first back off of the EPR and watch the balance between Obstructive and Central events with the goal of not eliminating central as a LOW number of central will help your body adjust, but to reduce the central without the obstructive events rising too high.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, I tried the new suggestions over the past 2 nights.  Thank you for the input!

A few observations:
    * I feel like I am sleeping longer without tossing or turning
    * I feel a bit more rested
    * It seems like the humidifier is using more water
    * Flow limits are a bit higher

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 12 340 7 hours ago
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 160 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 614 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 1,074 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 991 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 280 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 314 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.