Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not sure if I should adjust my settings....
RE: Not sure if I should adjust my settings....
It is a good one, isn't it.
studio, zorro is one of the few people that the machine will ramp up and cause problems, it will sit at whatever the max is set at nearly all night and put the ahi into the 30's
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
The rise in pressure at 3:00 was due to the snores. The Dreamstation increases pressure for flow limitations and snores. As far as all the event towards the end I'd guess was because you were awake.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
walla....that's interesting....looking at the chart, it was a snore that made the pressure go up so high.  Now I have a reason to lower the maximum pressure because maybe I don't need that pressure to really ever go that high and my apap is reacting slowly, after the fact and then holding that high pressure.  Maybe should try changing the max to 12 and see how that goes for a while....although that 13 didn't seem to do any harm.

what do you think??
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't normally go against what Sleeprider says, but I'd probably raise the minimum pressure up to 9cm. You can drop the max pressure to 12 if you want I don't think it will make a difference. I think if you can raise the minimum pressure to where it stops the snores before they start than things will settle out. If I'm wrong revert back to what Sleeprider says.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
No problem for me. I'm open to that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=7269]Back again....  I seem to have controlled my CA's and almost all OA's, but still have a number of H's...and periodic breathing remains elevated (I have atrial Arrythmia which is probably related).  As you can see, I've changed the minimum and maximum pressures and I've also turned off the ramp.

Here are sleepyhead charts from  last nights and another from a couple of days ago.

Any suggestions/comments?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's been a while. Advise from me has not changed. I think your minimum pressure should be 7.0, and maximum at 9.0. You are using some kind of Flex setting, and I would reduce that to 1 for comfort. Higher Flex settings seem to be more of a problem for the unstable breathing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help me adjust settings from OSCAR to CPAP deirdrepen 2 318 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 896 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using Vcom : do i adjust my EPR? theredheadsaid 65 7,353 09-09-2023, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Equipment] Adjust time on Airsense 11 Liveoak86 2 652 08-19-2023, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Liveoak86
Sad Please review my data and help me adjust my settings DC2Shogun 61 4,478 08-13-2023, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is it time to adjust up or down? SleeplessNSeattle 1 469 07-16-2023, 02:36 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can’t adjust to nasal mask HRU1923 6 945 06-11-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: HRU1923

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.