Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not sure what to do!
RE: Not sure what to do!
Well, I did some research and think I found config, but it is an exec file not a text.  It's in the right place, though...
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
More screwing around and I found the proper config file.  Wish I could say the retry file equalled other than 0, but I can't - after all of that it was just like it was supposed to be.  Looks like I will have to buy a new card.  The machine is only about eight feet from the router.  Thanks Red.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
One more thing before you spend any money.  See if your WiFi access point has a log file.  Hopefully it may list any power down and power up condition entries.  I'm ruling out its power supply going bad.  I know Linksys was notorious for their power supplies going bad.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, my routers are Eero.  As it turns out, there was no outage.  I'm beginning to think that this just isn't worth it.  This morning all I could get was 7/31 and earlier.  It pretty much looks like the FlashAir is toast.  Oh well...
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
One simple thing I do when on the occasional morning the FlashAir isn't communicating is to pull the power plug on the wireless router as well as the CPAP machine, wait a minute or two, then plug them back in. After a couple of minutes they reconnect and I can access my data. It's basically rebooting your wireless router and  CPAP machine with the FlashAir card remaining inserted. That usually clears up any problem (unless *someone* Hammer in the house is doing some heavy duty simultaneous streaming over the network).
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting idea!  Thanks!  Unfortunately I tried it and it didn't work.  Now maybe it did work and I need to record the night and I would find out tomorrow.  However, I think the FlashAir is shot and I have one on order.  In the meantime I replace it with the original and I'll carry it down.  Thanks again.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Just remember that the FlashAir will boot considerably faster than the WiFi router. Allow the router to boot and be online before booting the FlashAir.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2018, 12:50 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Just remember that the FlashAir will boot considerably faster than the WiFi router.  Allow the router to boot and be online before booting the FlashAir.

Excellent point to keep in mind.  Great-info
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.