Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not sure what to do!
RE: Not sure what to do!
(07-29-2018, 05:57 PM)LarryRapp Wrote: What battery?  I'm sorry but I don't know what you are talking about.

I think he was talking about the clock radio. Pull out the battery and you'll know if the powers out.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, Larry, I should have quoted your post: "I thought of the clock but it has a battery in it" -

That's assuming the it uses regular AC power most of the time, and the battery only during a power failure. My clock radio (very old) has a battery that always goes flat before a power failure. My Ikea clock only has a battery, it would just stop if I took the battery out. Maybe yours is that way, too.

I was sort of joking, of course, because I hate resetting my clocks after a power failure. I'b be happier if the backup battery actually worked.
Post Reply Post Reply
Larry,
Some clocks use household AC power for normal operation and have a battery for power-out backup. I think pholynyk had this in mind when he made the post.

Edit: Talking about being late to the party. Just ignore me.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Walla Walla,

Oh, thanks!  Yes, that would work except resetting the time is a major PITA.  For some stupid reason you have to open it up and go through a bunch of button pushes.  I have to look through my junk, though - maybe I have another old one I could use.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I erased (cleaned) the contacts and I don't think the power went out last night and I had to remove and replace the FlashAir to get it to work today.  I guess I will have to do that every day.  Maybe I could replace it?  Of course I have forgotten how to set it up...
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had to replace one before.  Insert your current card in your PC.  Make a folder, naming it something like "SD_Card".  Copy the entire contents of your current card to this folder.  This will provide a two-fold backup. First, it will have all the current data that is on your card.  Second, it will copy the WiFi config file in the SD_WLAN folder.   When your new card arrives, just copy the contents of this folder to it.  You'll be good to go and your CPAP won't know the the difference.

Another thought; Look at the STA_RETRY_CT parameter in the SD_WLAN/CONFIG file.  It should be set to "0" (zero).
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2018, 09:28 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I've had to replace one before.  Insert your current card in your PC.  Make a folder, naming it something like "SD_Card".  Copy the entire contents of your current card to this folder.  This will provide a two-fold backup. First, it will have all the current data that is on your card.  Second, it will copy the WiFi config file in the SD_WLAN folder.   When your new card arrives, just copy the contents of this folder to it.  You'll be good to go and your CPAP won't know the the difference.

Another thought; Look at the STA_RETRY_CT parameter in the SD_WLAN/CONFIG file.  It should be set to "0" (zero).

Red,

I have a Mac, not a PC.  Frankly, I wish I'd never switched.  Even with the stroke I know how to do this on a PC but not on this Mac.  I assume you think I should get a new card, right?

Also, this sounds stupid but how do I check STA_RETRY_CT?
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2018, 09:45 AM)LarryRapp Wrote: I have a Mac, not a PC.  Frankly, I wish I'd never switched.  Even with the stroke I know how to do this on a PC but not on this Mac. 
I use the term PC referring to the hardware.  A Mac is a PC that uses a different OS than a Windows PC.   My instructions are valid regardless of the OS you're using.  This will work on a Linux, Mac, or Windows OS.

(07-31-2018, 09:45 AM)LarryRapp Wrote: I assume you think I should get a new card, right?
Only if you can easily afford another.

(07-31-2018, 09:45 AM)LarryRapp Wrote: Also, this sounds stupid but how do I check STA_RETRY_CT?
With the SD card inserted and mounted on your PC, use your text editor to look at the CONFIG file located in the SD_WLAN folder  It should look like this: STA_RETRY_CT=0.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2018, 11:40 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 09:45 AM)LarryRapp Wrote: I have a Mac, not a PC.  Frankly, I wish I'd never switched.  Even with the stroke I know how to do this on a PC but not on this Mac. 
I use the term PC referring to the hardware.  A Mac is a PC that uses a different OS than a Windows PC.   My instructions are valid regardless of the OS you're using.  This will work on a Linux, Mac, or Windows OS.

I know what you are saying, Red, but I can't seem to get it.
(07-31-2018, 09:45 AM)LarryRapp Wrote: I assume you think I should get a new card, right?
Only if you can easily afford another.

(07-31-2018, 09:45 AM)LarryRapp Wrote: Also, this sounds stupid but how do I check STA_RETRY_CT?
With the SD card inserted and mounted on your PC, use your text editor to look at the CONFIG file located in the SD_WLAN folder  It should look like this: STA_RETRY_CT=0.
- Red

Ok.  I am using TextEdit as my editor.  When I put the FlashAir card in, it shows as No_Name.  The opening directory shows the subdirectoried DATALOG, DCIM, and SETTINGS.  The files are Identification.crc, identification.tgt, and STR.edf.  I would guess that SETTINGS would have config but it doesn't.  I don't know what to do next.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
I think there is some secret trick to showing more subdirectories but I don't know what it is.  Thanks.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.