Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not sure where to begin
Not sure where to begin
I'm a long time CPAP user who has become complacent and I'm now running into some trouble as my AHI numbers have been way too high and I'm feeling the effects of it.  I use an autopap (Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex (760P) with the settings set from 12 to 25. 

My numbers were reasonably good until Feb 20th when I had another surgery on my knee and that threw me out of whack.  I thought that I was leveling off post surgery, but lately the numbers have gone in the wrong direction and I realize that it's time for me to take charge of my situation and get things under control again.  With that in mind, I have an appt with my sleep doctor this week but I know from past experience that they don't always provide a whole lot of guidance so I'd like to be as prepared as possible in order to maximize my visit.
That's why I'm here.  I'm hoping that someone here can advise me on how to get back on track with my sleep and possibly give me some advice on what to ask my doctor or help me to get the most out of my appt with her.  I'm attaching my latest stats from OSCAR. 
Thanks in advance for any help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Not sure where to begin
Can you post a daily graph as well so we can see how your events are distributed over a typical night
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure.  Please let me know if this isn't the right information.   Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's another screenshot.     I seem to be having an issue with leaks, also.
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure that all events are turned on (lower left corner of the charts, AHI of 23 and the 0.0 do not belong together.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean? I see the AHI of 23 and the 0.0, but I don't see where to ensure that all events are turned on...?
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure your events are turned on,  In the drop down on the lower left of the charts.  
[attachment=11582]
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, thanks. I think that they're all on now. Green vs Red anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
I reorganized the charts according to the wiki.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your Obstructive AHI = 15
Your Central AHI = 7
Total AHI = 22

I'm asking because of the Knee surgery, Opioids can increase central apnea,  are you taking them?  Any other meds of note?  
We need to increase your min pressure to reduce your Obstructive Apnea and your min PS to manage the Hypopnea.  This is likely to increase your Central Apnea.
To decrease your Central Apnea we need to reduce your Pressure and your Pressure support.

See a problem?  

The initial questions all revolve around your Central Apnea and its cause.
Do you have a history of Central Apnea prior to your surgery, I know that opioids are typically used for knee surgery and that opioids definitely can cause centrals.
I'm looking to understand if these centrals will go away in the future.  That will make a difference in the talking points with your doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where do I begin? [AirCurve 10 ST to Aircurve 10 ASV ] Bird Brain 56 5,080 12-24-2021, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Dreamstation replacements will begin shipping soon Gideon 0 514 08-12-2021, 10:06 AM
  [CPAP] New to CPAP and figuring out how to begin while waiting for consult/tests Pawther 38 3,324 12-01-2020, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Not Diagnosed, But Let The Experiment Begin rsandhu 17 1,798 08-04-2020, 11:10 AM
Last Post: ar14
  Time to begin my journey dsmith14469 5 1,435 01-18-2018, 11:20 AM
Idea [News] DMEs to begin delivering CPAPs for your pet ApneaNews 26 5,496 04-03-2016, 03:36 PM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  When did you first begin to suspect that you had apnea? OMyMyOHellYes 24 6,400 08-15-2015, 12:01 PM
Last Post: sleepygeek

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.