Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not sure which mask
Not sure which mask
Thinking of getting another mask and not sure what?
I am using both Airsense N10(nasal) and P10 (pillow) from resmed.
Some nights one is good the next it's not, really weird.
I am worried my nostrils will stretch with the pillow mask Smile
Somehow the p10 is tight than I have to move the lower back strap a bit higher to loosen or stretch the top one (it has 2) unfortunately you can't adjust them or during sleep the lower one moves up my head and i get leaks. Some night's it just fits, it's very strange.
The Nasal one I sometimes sweat on the nose or it's good and I sleep well, not sure what's wrong with my face.
Was thinking of the Wisp? anyone any tips on that.
I have small for the nasal and xs for the pillows and I thought I had a big nose. Smile

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Not sure which mask
I have been using the wisp for over a year now and I personally like it a lot and this is after 4 years of a nightmare with full face masks. Most of the issues with the FFM was caused by the DME being lazy and not giving me options of another mask when I was continually having issues with the one I had. They just kept changing the cushion size which made it worse. Then I got lucky with a different DME and had a manager meet me at the sleep center with at least 8 different masks still in the original container, unopened. He opened the ones I thought I would like to try and hooked it up to the machine they use during a sleep study and I would lay down and see how it felt. I chose the wisp and it has been one of my best friends from then on!

I have to say, some people don't like the wisp and some people love it. Masks are just so individual but I say that from what I have read, most people like the wisp so it can't hurt to give it a shot. The wisp comes with 3 cushion sizes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2015, 08:12 PM)Angelika Wrote: Thinking of getting another mask and not sure what?
I am using both Airsense N10(nasal) and P10 (pillow) from resmed.
Some nights one is good the next it's not, really weird.
I am worried my nostrils will stretch with the pillow mask Smile
Somehow the p10 is tight than I have to move the lower back strap a bit higher to loosen or stretch the top one (it has 2) unfortunately you can't adjust them or during sleep the lower one moves up my head and i get leaks. Some night's it just fits, it's very strange.
The Nasal one I sometimes sweat on the nose or it's good and I sleep well, not sure what's wrong with my face.
Was thinking of the Wisp? anyone any tips on that.
I have small for the nasal and xs for the pillows and I thought I had a big nose. Smile

Thanks

Everybody is different but I started with the N10 mask, and now I'm liking the Fisher Paykel Eson nasel mask that's nose spelled backwards, It was quite an improvement for me , more comfort, quitter, no annoying exhaust blowing on me, less leaks......ect, All I can say is it's a better mask , I also haven't tried the pillows, and I'm a nose breather so no need for a full mask.
I think finding the right mask is the biggest thing to over come , most have more than a couple mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies, I looked at the eson as well, I like that the wisp comes with different sizes. Is the fabric or silicon strap better?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have heard a lot of complaints about the fabric ones that did not hold up. I can't remember how often the head gear can be replaced but if it falls apart as many have complained about, then you are stuck until you can order another one or you will have to buy one out of pocket.

I have only used the silicon one and I have no trouble with it or adjusting to it. It has been comfortable enough and I had to use a chin strap with it for a few months. It was a whole lot more comfortable to me than having a FFM on. This is my experience with wisp. Of course, I cannot guarantee it being the same for everyone that tries it; some like it; some don't.

Post Reply Post Reply
Different people have different preferences. My own choice after many years as a XPAP patient is the old style Resmed Activa mask. I find it to be the most comfortable mask that I have used.

TheDuke
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 for the Eson. I personally cant stand a noisy mask ff or nasal. Wisp has to much jet from the vent for me. The eson is silent as the grave. No air jet blowing at my wife and no extra small hose of its own to deal with. Very soft, fits extremely loosely and seals great. \

Never tried pillows as I have some nasal polyps I need to have removed again and not sure how having something stuck in my nose on that side would work until I do have them taken out. Really I dont know if I will try pillows even after as the Eson for ME is pretty much a perfect mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Contact your supplier and ask about their mask trial policy. Many of them allow you to trial a mask for a short period of time. If the mask doesn't work, you give it back and trial another. And another. This allows you to find the right mask for you. Each of us is different. What works for you won't work for me.

As for the nasal pillows, I hated the P10 and love the Nuance.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,526 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,215 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,757 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,426 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,833 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,531 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.