Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Note Feature on OSCAR
Note Feature on OSCAR
I was just using Sleepyhead and thinking that I should be able to add notes to the record. I wanted to note when I got the new mask or pillow and when I started to use the collar.

Forgive me if I am asking for something that has already been done. I am using v0.9.8-1 because the latest version does not support the F&P Icon+.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Note Feature on OSCAR
I hvaen't seen the older version of SH, but the 1.1.0 that I'm using does have a place for notes, under the Daily screen, on the left hand side, there's tabs Details, Events, Notes, Bookmarks, and you can add notes under the Notes tabs.
Post Reply Post Reply
V1.0.0-beta-2 also has a tab for notes on the daily screen. The current version of OSCAR does as well.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings felllow Sleepyheads and Ocsarites.
Notes could be a powerful function if we could Print the notes!
I have achieved a workaround that is tedious and long winded!
My method: Select Daily screen, resize the portion containing the notes.
Create a Screenshot
Using a Photo Editor, crop the screenshot as required. Add some text describing the image.
Print the cropped image.
As previously stated, this is tedious.

Has anybody another solution? Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
graeme Wrote:Has anybody another solution?

I might be missing your point here, but you can just highlight the text and hit <Ctrl>C to copy then past it into Notebook or Word (or your editor of choice).

It would be good if there was a simple way to collect all the notes into a single document, but I don't think that exists as yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2019, 05:34 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: It would be good if there was a simple way to collect all the notes into a single document, but I don't think that exists as yet.

I've logged this as a suggested enhancement.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes...It is possible to use control c and paste into a word document.

I should have stated that I want to show the Flow and the Notes referring to events on the chart.

Both solutions have been tested on SH and Oscar, proving that there are many options for this problem.

Now to tackles the Bookmark question. How, Why and Application.
Post Reply Post Reply
Idea 
Have just discovered that Notes are printed on the Daily Report, just below the Machine Details!
One graph must be selected, eg turn of unwanted graphs and leave one relevant graph.
It appear that about 25 lines of text can be added in the Notes tab.
With Daily selected, Select Print Report.
Notes are printed followed by the selected Graph
Post Reply Post Reply
Graeme, many thanks for that! I will update the wiki to reflect what you've found.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR "scrubber bar" feature? jdavis 2 234 02-22-2024, 09:42 PM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Feature Request] EPR mode in overview pressure graph tossinandturnin 8 856 07-24-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: tossinandturnin
  Feature Request - OSCAR Linux rammjet 3 627 07-09-2023, 09:04 PM
Last Post: rammjet
  [Feature Request] Flow Rate graph to Audio File? omonoiatis9 1 550 05-05-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  Viatom 02 Ring users take note Cuppa 7 780 03-07-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  [Feature Request] How to change kg to lbs in OSCAR Profile and Notes for one's Weight JoyD. 3 515 01-31-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  (Feature Request) Add notes to bottom of Statistics Page B1Sailor 0 562 10-14-2022, 10:57 AM
Last Post: B1Sailor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.