Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Note: Wireless reporting not available, free data reporting using SD-card
Idea 
Note: Wireless reporting not available, free data reporting using SD-card
Hi everyone, 

I'm looking for some help, I'm a newbie looking to find a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset  for Her. I've come across a SKU:37209 model which is brand new in the box. I've checked this link and it is listed as a best choicehttp://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...AP_-_BIPAP

The unusual thing is It clearly states  Note: Wireless reporting not available, free data reporting using included SD-card. 
This means to me, that I won't have Wifi near my bed during the night Yeah! I only hoped that I could find a wireless device. I guess it doesn't  have a modem.

But here's the thing, I don't know if this will be a disadvantage later on down the line. I intend to use the sleepyhead site for my personal viewing and the SD card for any clinical reporting that may become necessary at a clinic.

What do you all think?  Huhsign  Is this a smart purchase?

Ariyana
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Note: Wireless reporting not available, free data reporting using SD-card
G'day Ariyana. Welcome to Apnea Board.

The Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her is widely regarded as the best machine on the market for treating ordinary obstructive sleep apnea. It includes a built-in modem to report basic data back to Resmed and display it on Resmed's MyAir site. However the model number you quoted is an American market version, and the American modem won't work here in Australia. Resmed does not support machines bought overseas.

This isn't really a big deal. MyAir is a pretty rudimentary service. If you're at all serious about getting the most out of the machine, and optimising your therapy, then the answer is to use the SD card with #SleepyHead. Note that #SleepyHead is not a "site" as such, it's a software program you need to install on your computer. However it provides an incredible amount of information which shows how things are happening on a breath-by-breath basis. (As an aside, there will be a newer program called Oscar which will be available in a couple of months, which is a further development of SleepyHead).

If you need to get advice at a clinic, just take your SD card in and they'll be able to read it using Resmed's professional software.

Purchasing an American market machine can result in very substantial cost savings - we really are exploited here in Oz. Don't forget to convert the price to Aussie dollars, include postage and be prepared for a Customs fee of around $80. These are very reliable machines, but if something does go wrong you may need to send it back to the States for warranty work.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Note: Wireless reporting not available, free data reporting using SD-card
Thank you for your response DeepBreathing,

Thanks for spelling it out so clearly, it really helps to see through the fog.

I've found an American company running am Australian website with notable savings.
For the machine I'm looking at the Australian RRP is $2,678 or best price $1,800. I've sourced it at $1,397. on this site which offers a 5 yr warranty, they do the shipping back to the states if there is a claim, then I receive a brand new machine no repairs. I think I'll go for it and then I can run SleepyHead (soon Oscar) for the kind of optimisation I'm looking for.
FYI
For the American costing: RRP $2,678 AUD equal to $1,905 USD
Best price here in Australia $1,800 AUD equal to $1,280 USD
Price I'm buying at $1,397 AUD equal to $994 USD
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 268 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,605 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 471 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Archive SD card data txrpls 3 793 12-18-2023, 07:11 PM
Last Post: txrpls
  Multiple machine reporting briano52 2 463 10-19-2023, 11:59 PM
Last Post: briano52
  can i download the data of the sd card? ness1125 2 431 10-05-2023, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Confused regarding AirSense 11 data reporting markcs 13 1,673 08-28-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.