Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Note to nasal pillow users - probably not a good idea to step on the nasal pillows
Note to nasal pillow users - probably not a good idea to step on the nasal pillows
Greetings all,

I was having some problems with my nasal pillows last night and have to assume the reason is simple - do NOT step on your nasal pillows.

It was not on purpose, I dropped the nasal pillows on the floor in the bathroom and accidentally stepped on them. OOPS! By the time I realized there was a problem I was too cozy under the covers (and the bedroom was SO cold) to get up and get the new nasal pillows.

Lesson learned - pay attention to what I am doing!!

Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Note to nasal pillow users - probably not a good idea to step on the nasal pillows
Seems like they must be pretty fragile. Did you twist your foot back and forth like you were stubbing out a cig butt?

Byzantine, huh?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Note to nasal pillow users - probably not a good idea to step on the nasal pillows
Well, I don't know if I twisted my foot on it but I know I walked around looking for it and I know I must have stepped on it. But when I mess something up I REALLY do it!

My leak rate last night was OK, but the nasal pillows were hurting my nasal passages - so I am replacing the nasal pillows.

Byzantine music is due to my being an Greek Orthodox Christian and this is the style of music we use. If interested PM me and I will send some you samples of the musical notation. It is vastly different from the Western notation with notes on a staff.
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Post Reply Post Reply
Note to self, do not let Evpraxia near the nasal pillows. I mean note to self, do not drop the nasal pillows. And self, if you must drop the nasal pillows do not step on them. And self, if you must step on them, do so lightly. Ok self? Got it!
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2015, 11:14 PM)Galactus Wrote: Note to self, do not let Evpraxia near the nasal pillows. I mean note to self, do not drop the nasal pillows. And self, if you must drop the nasal pillows do not step on them. And self, if you must step on them, do so lightly. Ok self? Got it!

Good notes - I will endeavor to heed these notes. My 2015 resolution...
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2015, 11:01 PM)Evpraxia Wrote: ...Byzantine music is due to my being an Greek Orthodox Christian and this is the style of music we use. If interested PM me and I will send some you samples of the musical notation. It is vastly different from the Western notation with notes on a staff.
That it is. As tempting as your generous offer sounds, no need. Curious, I went to youtube. No offense, but I lasted <30 secs. I am very happy that it makes you happy, tho, variety being the spice of life and all (I'll stick to Miles, Hancock, and Monk for now). You learn something new every day. Thanks for exposing me to your passion.

Cheers

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2015, 11:40 PM)TyroneShoes Wrote:
(01-01-2015, 11:01 PM)Evpraxia Wrote: ...Byzantine music is due to my being an Greek Orthodox Christian and this is the style of music we use. If interested PM me and I will send some you samples of the musical notation. It is vastly different from the Western notation with notes on a staff.
That it is. As tempting as your generous offer sounds, no need. Curious, I went to youtube. No offense, but I lasted <30 secs. I am very happy that it makes you happy, tho, variety being the spice of life and all (I'll stick to Miles, Hancock, and Monk for now). You learn something new every day. Thanks for exposing me to your passion.

Cheers

Glad you took a look. A New Years resolution - learn something new every day. Grin!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 68 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,757 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 155 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  nasal congestion relief sleepingbetterinFl 2 156 03-23-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,047 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.