Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Notes on AirSense 11 Autoset after a couple of weeks
RE: Notes on AirSense 11 Autoset after a couple of weeks
(07-10-2021, 03:53 PM)factor Wrote: When you get to the main screen there are two on screen buttons. Touch and hold both to get into the clinical menu.

Thank you so much for posting this information!

Here's my story:  I'm a new CPAP user, have had the AirSense11 for two weeks, and have seen dramatic and immediate improvement in my quality of life.  In the process of looking for answers to questions (What is AHI, Central AI, Total AI), I was searching the equipment for technical information (exactly which one do I have, again?).  While it was disassembled for cleaning, but still plugged in, I turned it upside down, searching for a label.  When I flipped it back over, I was in the clinical menu, with no idea how I got there or what settings I changed.

I reassembled the unit, settled in to sleep, and immediately realized that I had changed or reset something important.  Instead of starting out at 4, it immediately ramped up to 10.  I searched the owner's manuals and online manufacturer's site for instructions on accessing the clinician's settings and found nothing.  Access to the clinician's portion of their website required a login, of course.  Not intended for the casual user.  Frustrated, I eventually slept as best as I could, with the unfamiliar sensation of air pressure deep in my chest.

As luck would have it, this all happened on Saturday night.  Nobody is working on a Sunday.  I've sent emails to the Respiratory Therapist, and the Sleep Outreach Team, but I'm not expecting a reply before I attempt to sleep again.

The very simple instructions on this forum allowed me to get back to where I accidentally ended up.  I saw that the Set Pressure was at 10.  I switched it to 4 and hoped for the best.  Yes, I've asked them to check the settings and fix anything that doesn't look right.  I'm sure they eventually will.

Thanks again, and here's to a good night's sleep!
Post Reply Post Reply
Did we ever find out what items are available, on the 11's Clinical menu, 
beyond the choices already available on the User menu?

❀Thanks❀
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a new CPAP user, and I've been happily using the AirSense 11 for the last month (with only one mishap, above)

One negative:  The filters.  It took a very long time for me to be set up with the equipment after it was prescribed.  Apparently there was a recall of some sort.
Once they made an appointment and oriented me to the equipment, I got an "oh, by the way..." they sent us the AirSense 11, but they didn't send us any filters.  Call us back in a week or two, we'll send some to you as soon as we get them.  They didn't get them for over a month.  When they sent them to me, the invoice said "Filter ResMed A11 filter"  What was in the box were ResMed S9 and AirSense 10 Style Filters.  When I contacted the customer service rep, they advised me to trim the filters down with scissors, or wait for them to send me the correct ones.  Fortunately, the 11 style filters are smaller than the 10 style filters.

So, if you opt for the AirSense 11, you might also encounter some "supply issues".  Hopefully, they do not linger.

"Did we ever find out what items are available, on the 11's Clinical menu, beyond the choices already available on the User menu?"

Let me see what I've got in there.  My Patient View is set to "Advanced"
The clinical side does have a significant number of additional settings
1) Therapy Mode:  CPAP, AutoSet, AutoSet for Her
2) Pressure Range: both min and max, settable from 4 to 20  (This is what I accidentally hit, and found myself sleeping in a wind tunnel with the pressure at 10)
3) Ramp Time:  Same options as patient view
4) EPR: on/off
5) EPR Type: Ramp Only or Full Time
6) EPR Level: 1-3
7) Humidity Level: Same as patient view
8) Mask Setting
9) Tube Setting
10) B/V Filter: on/off
11) Patient View:  Simple/Advanced.  
12) Smart Start: on/off
13) Smart Stop: on/off
14) Care Check-in: on/off
15) Reminders
15a) Mask, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, year
15b) Tube, same choices as Mask
15c) Filter, same choices as Mask
16) Language: English, Francais, Espanol, Portugues
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2021, 02:03 PM)jprestonian Wrote: All seems fine. I sleep right through treatment, as I have most of the 25+ years I have used PAP. Notes:

* No obvious way to access the clinician's menu. DME's tech during phone consultation/set-up said the only thing the clinical menu gives you that the patient menu does not  is the ability to set the pressure range, and I don't see anything to contraindicate that. 

* Uses a new smartphone-based app (RMDpulse) + Bluetooth connectivity to feed data to the app. The app is identical to MyAir in nearly every respect, but ResMed's web site will not register an AirSense 11 for use with the MyAir web site.

* I offered the OSCAR people a look at my data a week ago. Could be on holiday, or it could be that they have sufficient data already. In one thread, one of the developers seemed to indicate they were pretty familiar with the way the new JSON files correlate to the older files' format(s), so it's likely they just don't need more patient data.

I have no complaints or kudos. Other than lack of access to the clinician menu (which is a biggie for many!), it seems to work just fine, and is quiet. 

-Jeff

Hi…I have no problem accessing the clinical menu…i just put two fingers on the screen for a few seconds and it comes up. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Has anyone notice this model is always "on"? Despite 'smart start' toggled off, I can both hear and feel airflow from the hose. After disconnecting the hose I can feel the machine releasing a bit of air. I can also hear it too.
Post Reply Post Reply
All ResMed machines run a cool down cycle of about twenty minutes after you remove your mask. After that the machine remains in standby unless you deliberately turn it off with a long press on the top button (AS10). Not having an AS11 myself, I can't tell if the fan continues to run all day.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pholynyk is correct -- the AS11 works as previous Resmed machines, continuing to run the blower (on very low setting) for about 15 minutes after therapy ends.  It also does this when the heater is pre-heating.  The stated purpose is to prevent humidity buildup in the tubing, which can happen if the water is still warm and airflow ceases entirely.

Other than that, the machine goes into a complete standby, blower stopped, and completely silent.
Post Reply Post Reply
"DME's tech during phone consultation/set-up said the only thing the clinical menu gives you that the patient menu does not is the ability to set the pressure range, and I don't see anything to contraindicate that."

Jeff, there is at least on other control. I've been using the Airsense 11 for 2 weeks, and the only info I see in the morning is compliance hours. I have to wait 24 hours for more specific data to show up on the app. If my API goes >1/hour, or my mask is leaking, I want to know so I can make adjustments before I strap in the next night, so this is frustrating.

Apnea Board sent me the clinical manual for the Airsense 11 last week (thank you!), and I noticed on page 23 of the manual (p. 26 of the .pdf) an option for the patient view to be either "Simple" or "Advanced." The default must be Simple, and it feels a little insulting since I'm used to immediate details including AHI from my beloved S9. On the other hand, I'm rewarded, after 12-24 hours, with a cute color-coded sleep score/100 on my phone! They must *really* think I'm simple. It's primarily based, of course, on compliance hours:

70% usage hours
20% mask seal
5% events per hour
5% # of mask on/off.

It seems users lose a point for every 5 minutes under 7 hours of usage, and one for every mask on/off event after the 2nd one. The first night was dismal for me since I kept waking up, pouring the water out of the mask, and playing once again with the humidity settings. Thankfully, I'd known to have the ramp turned off.

Is it just me, or is that percentage somewhat skewed?

I have my first compliance appointment in Febrary. At that point, I'll ask them to switch my view to Advanced. I'll see at that point whether I still have to wait a day to get results.

It reminds me a little of my first Fisher-Paykel CPap, where I had to drive the machine 35 miles to have a DME therapist with a special tool open the machine after my Dr. had approved a humidifier tank with heat control, and yet another trip to have that same pro activate the heating plate a week later.

Overall, I'm enjoying the sleep. Thanks to advice I've read here, I fixed the humidity issue by placing the machine on a footstool near the bed instead of the bedside table. Everything is quiet, too--my husband says he missed the white noise. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 29 528 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 53 944 Yesterday, 01:40 PM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 136 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 326 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.