Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Notes on AirSense 11 Autoset after a couple of weeks
Information 
Notes on AirSense 11 Autoset after a couple of weeks
All seems fine. I sleep right through treatment, as I have most of the 25+ years I have used PAP. Notes:

* No obvious way to access the clinician's menu. DME's tech during phone consultation/set-up said the only thing the clinical menu gives you that the patient menu does not  is the ability to set the pressure range, and I don't see anything to contraindicate that. 

* Uses a new smartphone-based app (RMDpulse) + Bluetooth connectivity to feed data to the app. The app is identical to MyAir in nearly every respect, but ResMed's web site will not register an AirSense 11 for use with the MyAir web site.

* I offered the OSCAR people a look at my data a week ago. Could be on holiday, or it could be that they have sufficient data already. In one thread, one of the developers seemed to indicate they were pretty familiar with the way the new JSON files correlate to the older files' format(s), so it's likely they just don't need more patient data.

I have no complaints or kudos. Other than lack of access to the clinician menu (which is a biggie for many!), it seems to work just fine, and is quiet. 

-Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Notes on AirSense 11 Autoset after a couple of weeks
I missed seeing your previous post. Yes, we would like to see more AirSense 11 data! We definitely need to test a variety of machines and data.

Please zip the SD card and upload it to my Dropbox folder. Please include your forum name in the zip file name so we can get back to you if we have any questions.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2021, 02:03 PM)jprestonian Wrote: * No obvious way to access the clinician's menu. 
-Jeff

When you get to the main screen there are two on screen buttons. Touch and hold both to get into the clinical menu.

Let me know if that works.. Bigwink
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes that's the method I'd heard as well, hold the 2 onscreen buttons down together for about 5 seconds and you should be in the Clinical Menu.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2021, 03:53 PM)factor Wrote: When you get to the main screen there are two on screen buttons. Touch and hold both to get into the clinical menu.

Let me know if that works.. Bigwink

That screen appears only once, and if you touch only the "clinical" (as I did), there's no obvious way to get back to that screen to see that option, again. Unplugging it overday didn't work, either.

-Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2021, 02:03 PM)jprestonian Wrote: * No obvious way to access the clinician's menu.
-Jeff

Interesting.

As I told the NP at the sleep clinic last month, I will not go to sleep with a machine attached to me that I do not have control over.

Period.

Hard no.

The whole world has just gone through 16 months of various lockdowns, and to a certain extent medical facilities -- and DME offices are medical facilities -- are still under partial lockdown. This is a home medical device, and it needs to operate at home. All the time. No matter what circumstances have cut my home off from various medical professionals.

At my DME, my friend was the third of the 3 staff members to come down with covid. The Friday morning she realized that she had it, both of her coworkers were still home in quarantine, with the first due back the following Monday. She locked the front door and put up a sign, and did essential business through the drive-thru for the rest of the day.

Where I live, phones and internet have gone down for long periods of time. (People don't know this, but a lot of the internet fiber backbone -- especially going through remote areas -- is going over "lost fiber". When the first wave of fiber pioneers went bankrupt in the late 90's, their employees got laid off, and computers were auctioned off to pay creditors, and the records of the fiber they pulled got deleted. Yes, we know where the ends are, but between -- nobody knows. About 15 years ago they put in a new 4-lane across the county south of mine. It turned out that the main fiber backbone feeding our region took roughly the same route as the road. As they built the road, every couple of weeks they would cross the cable and cut it and knock a couple of counties off the internet and kill the landline phones for 2-3 days.) Look, the Silicon Valley jerks build technology as if they can't even imagine not being in continuous contact with high-speed internet and that there are never natural disasters or accidents. They are idiots.

With the covid virus, it turned out that cpap was a key effective treatment for people with the life-threatening serious form of the disease. People who were in quarantine because they were contagious. Those machines needed to have their settings adjusted to save the covid patient's life. Except, oops! the patient isn't allowed to change the settings. Ah, well, too bad...

I, personally, have my own problems with PTSD from a horrific encounter with a medical device and I simply do not trust any medical device. Period. A device that I have to trust is not going to hurt me while I'm unconscious and the clinicians won't let me see and override what they have programmed it to do? Absolutely. Not. Happening. That's not informed consent, that's assault.

My 7 years of experience with Resmed is that they continuously lie to me. Example: on May 20th I had a 46-minute period where my AirSense10 detected that I spent 20 of those 46 minutes in OA. Not breathing. My pulse-ox showed multiple desaturations. The machine sat there helplessly watching, pegged to 15 pressure, completely unable to do anything to stop this.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=32479

A few hours later the machine used the cell phone network to phone home and report the events of the night to it's masters.

It gave itself a MyAir score of 98.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=32480

I'm pretty sure that the various clinicians who got paid to "download and analyze" my data 4-1/2 weeks later had no idea that this incident happened. In other words, Resmed doesn't just lie to me, but to the clinicians who are charged with my care. (And are charging handsomely for it!) Without OSCAR, I never would have known that the reported "moderate" AHI of 7.9 was the smoothed-out average that included  a 46-minute period (long enough to kill me!) where my AHI was 65.

Remember in 2001: A Space Odyssey when HAL killed the sleeping crew?

https://youtu.be/Z4n3dbPqk58

As we found out in the next movie, HAL did this because he was forced to lie "by people who find it easy to lie." In sleep medicine, we are surrounded by people who find it easy to lie.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, sleep better, cathyf, 'cause I just woke up, and had a "D'oh!" moment.

I know for a fact I had tried this before (and more than once), but I tried AGAIN holding the "My Options" and "Sleep View" buttons. Voilà!  CLINICAL MENU. 

Now, to zip up the SD card image and send it off to the good guys.

-Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, just got this e-mail from ResMed:

Now that the ResMed AirSense™ 11 limited release has ended, it’s time to update your RMDpulse by ResMed app to the myAir™ by ResMed* app in order to continue tracking and viewing your sleep therapy data on your mobile device.

It’s easy to update to the myAir by ResMed app:

• 1. Sign in to the RMDpulse by ResMed app on your mobile device.
  • 2. Tap Update. This will take you to either the App Store® or Google Play™ store.
  • 3. Download and install the myAir by ResMed app.
  • 4. Sign in to the myAir by ResMed app with your current RMDpulse by ResMed app email address and password to see your sleep therapy data.
  • 5. Remove the RMDpulse by ResMed app from your mobile device.

Avoid data interruptions

To continue tracking your sleep therapy data, you will need to download and log in to the myAir by ResMed app once you are prompted to update via the RMDpulse by ResMed app. If you prefer to discontinue tracking your sleep therapy data, you can send an email to privacy@resmed.com and request to delete your account and personal data.

Update to the myAir by ResMed app now

Thank you for participating in the AirSense 11 limited release and for taking the time to update to the myAir by ResMed app. Our goal is to continuously support you on your sleep journey.

Sleep well,
The myAir Team
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2021, 04:47 AM)jprestonian Wrote: Well, sleep better, cathyf, 'cause I just woke up, and had a "D'oh!" moment.

I know for a fact I had tried this before (and more than once), but I tried AGAIN holding the "My Options" and "Sleep View" buttons. Voilà!  CLINICAL MENU. 

Now, to zip up the SD card image and send it off to the good guys.

-Jeff
Yes. Good deal. Sometimes touch screens are finicky.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff - can you talk about what's inside the AS 11 clinical menu? Is it the same as the AirSense 10 (if you had that previously)?

BTW, I totally agree with CathyF regarding being in control of the equipment.

So, if the clinical menu is totally accessible (depending upon Jeff's comments), then it is just Oscar that needs to be integrated to make this a smart machine. I'll take my lead from the Oscar team when they are ready. Until then, I would be reluctant to move to the AS 11.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 344 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 49 852 03-25-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 131 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 319 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.