Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Notes on AirSense 11 Autoset after a couple of weeks
RE: Notes on AirSense 11 Autoset after a couple of weeks
There's a few other options in there, compared to the A10 (or is it more common to call it the S10?). To keep the party rollin', let's see if everyone can see this shared album at Google Photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NcTt6eKsmkhnQ3RK8

Forgive the cat hair.

I have an appointment with a sleep doc this coming Friday, and will see if she agrees that bumping up the upper limit of the pressure range might be helpful, for me. That's what I got out of the last reliable data from the A10 + OSCAR. Now that I can get into the clinical menu, I'd be willing to futz around for a couple of hours a night to see if those changes can help the OSCAR team figure out any missing pieces of the puzzle.

-Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for this, Jeff. Very informative.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff, one of the peculiarities of the ResMed file system is that there is only one place for each setting each day. The result is that you can only change any given setting once a day. You can change several settings at once, but only once a day. And always takes notes!

This makes exploring all the settings' values rather tedious... But I do thank you for your efforts, they are essential.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2021, 12:32 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Jeff, one of the peculiarities of the ResMed file system is that there is only one place for each setting each day. The result is that you can only change any given setting once a day. You can change several settings at once, but only once a day. And always takes notes!

This makes exploring all the settings' values rather tedious... But I do thank you for your efforts, they are essential.

Huh! So, if I change the EPR from 3 to 1, it wouldn't allow me to change it back to 3 for 24 hours? Interesting. I'll test that out.

-Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
No, It means that the Resmed only reports its configuration settings for any one day at the beginning of the first session for that day. Any parameter changes made after the first use for that day will not be reported until the next day, providing you haven't changed them prior to the next day's use.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh!  I see what you mean. With any luck, the OSCAR folx will be able to figure things out without too much fiddling, but yeah... I'm here to do what I can!

-Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2021, 12:57 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: No, It means that the Resmed only reports its configuration settings for any one day at the beginning of the first session for that day.  Any parameter changes made after the first use for that day will not be reported until the next day, providing you haven't changed them prior to the next day's use.

I'm not following the distinction here... A couple of times I've started the night with a different mask and set the pillows/full-face/nasal option accordingly. Then later in the night I'll go back to whatever I was using before, and change the setting back. Or I'll try different pressures and get halfway through the night and change them back. When I read the data in the morning it will have whatever I set it to last.

I'm pretty sure that if -- before I changed the setting -- I were to pop the card out and save the SETTINGS directory and the STR.edf file before making the changes, I would have the settings as they were when I read the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2021, 11:48 PM)cathyf Wrote: I'm not following the distinction here...

[...]

I'm pretty sure that if -- before I changed the setting -- I were to pop the card out and save the SETTINGS directory and the STR.edf file before making the changes, I would have the settings as they were when I read the card.

What Crimson is saying is that it only writes  data to the SD card once a day, so the written file will only show a minute snapshot of the settings as they are at that one point every day  (noonish, IIRC). Or the first change made, possibly. Seems the former is more likely, t'me. IOW, you make a change, that change isn't written to the SD card until the next scheduled write. Or, ALL changes have to be left there until the next scheduled write to show any evidence that it was EVER made.

-Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
The settings recorded by ResMed CPAP machine are those in effect at the beginning of the last session of the day (day = noon-to-noon).

Settings that may have been changed prior to those in effect at the beginning of the last session, or changes made while the last session is running, are not recorded.

To complicate matters somewhat, if you start the last session of the day with a pressure range of 5-7 and change it to 8-10 a few minutes after the session begins, the graphs and statistics will show the actual pressure in effect, not the settings at the beginning.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
This, at least, puts things in perspective for me in recognizing the challenge of making sense of the bits written to the card. But we can work with known-knowns! 

-Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 29 527 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 53 943 Yesterday, 01:40 PM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 136 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 326 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.