Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Novice Airsense 11 user seeking help
Novice Airsense 11 user seeking help
After trying multiple mask types, Im finally able to reliably get more than a couple hours of sleep.
I'm 68yo male, and after a taking an at-home sleep study was prescribed an CPAP for UARs with mild oxygen desaturation.
I had problems with initial setup with exhales ( felt like a couldnt breathe) so I changed EPR to full time, EPR level 3, after which i was able to sleep much better.
Inoticed quite a number of Central Apneas which led me to back down the EPR to 2. 
Still seeing many CAs, so I'm wondering if these are machine induced or not. 

I cant tell from my sleep study if I had any CAs or not - maybe the at-home study doesn't measure those?
Not feeling much different after using CPAP at this point, though i know sometimes it takes awhile to make a difference.

7 day AHI average is 5.23 which I would like to lower if possible.
Any recommendations for changing any settings to reduce CAs and AHI?

Attached a few days of Oscar screenshots.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

regards

Jeff

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Novice Airsense 11 user seeking help
I think I know what is going on but right now it is a guess.
Please post a 20 minute view of the cluster of central events with the standard view which includes the flow rate chart.

For Tonight set EPR=1 then repost the full daily including events, flow rate, pressure, flow limits, and leak rate. Keep the left sidebar with no pie chart or calendar

Yhanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Novice Airsense 11 user seeking help
Thanks for the quick reply.
I changed EPR=1 - it did seem to improve sleep quality somewhat.
I then gathered requested info = attached.

Thanks!

Jeff

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 416 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 616 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 301 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 216 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,378 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
  [Equipment] Seeking advice for reset of time zone richapple 0 195 02-03-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: richapple

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.