Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Now I see Cheyne Stokes emerging???
Now I see Cheyne Stokes emerging???
Hi Everyone,
My journey to getting proper therapy continues.  My series of docs have been a challenge, to say the least.  When I first joined this group, you recommended I be treated for CSA with ASV.  Yet my docs and insurance company don't agree!  I started on BiPap, when it failed, they switched me to CPAP.  When it failed, AutoCPAP.  Today I got to see my doc again, to surrender once again.  Its been a grueling and difficult process.  I downloaded my data to Sleepyhead this morning, hadn't done that in a few weeks.  But with the doctor's appointment today, I wanted to be ready.  Looking at the data, I now see Cheyne-Stokes breathing being reported for the first time.  Yikes!  What do you think?  Could the choice of therapy be the cause?  Could this just be some anomaly?  How worried should I be?

Thanks a ton for your consideration.
JP

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Now I see Cheyne Stokes emerging???
I would hold off on jumping to firm conclusions just now.  Often our machines say CSR, but upon closer inspection they are CA's after all.

The charts you have posted can't tell us much; there is no 'discrete' hourly data that we can use to say one way or another.  Please post a screenshot of your 'daily' charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Now I see Cheyne Stokes emerging???
As stated above a bit of PB isn't bad, but your history to me still says ASV. We need a 15 minute view of the Flow rate to verify CSR

This should be posted in your other thread, Now I have to search and find it to make sure I'm not saying anything that is contra-indicated.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 4 260 04-11-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Diagnosis] Cheyne Stokes Respiration & Severe OSA Keymom0122 2 88 04-08-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Keymom0122
  [CPAP] Cheyne Stokes Respiration and Central Apnea Clusters Aldiorg 8 863 02-19-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 334 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 355 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Need advice - Clear Airway Apnea and Cheyne Stokes skiphudspeth 7 659 12-31-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  New to CPAP, just used OSCAR for the first time, should I be concerned?(Cheyne Stoke) breckenk 23 2,283 11-20-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: breckenk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.