Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Now I wait...
Now I wait...
Had my sleep test last Saturday, and it seems to have confirmed that I have moderate to severe sleep apnea. It was a split test, with me getting hooked up to the CPAP half way through. I have not experienced the type of sleep I got with the machine in many years. The sleep lab will take about 10 business days to prepare the report for my ENT dr. I have pressed them to rush the report as much as they can. I really wanted to leave the sleep lab with that little machine under my arm... That is how good I felt. Until then, I am doing the research for the best machine and mask for me, plus the all important search for a good equipment provider. Please send words of encouragement, right now I feel like a person who has fallen off the ship while all on deck watched, but I have to wait for the captain to see me from the wheelhouse before I am thrown a life preserver.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Now I wait...
Hi DWaldman, Welcome to Apnea Board!

While you wait, do your research. Here is a link that may help you with the different machines available.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Just so you know, it is the norm to have a long wait between Titration, seeing your doctor and getting a script for your CPAP.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DWaldman, WELCOME! to the forum.!
I know it seems like forever 'till you get your machine but hang in there,it'll happen before you know it.
Stick around for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info. I did find an online store that will bill my insurance and will be an in network provider, so i will only pay 20% of their price instead of dealing with Crapria or Lincareless. Should save a bit of coin, and the insurance company pays less too.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2015, 09:27 PM)DWaldman Wrote: Thanks for the info. I did find an online store that will bill my insurance and will be an in network provider, so i will only pay 20% of their price instead of dealing with Crapria or Lincareless. Should save a bit of coin, and the insurance company pays less too.
Check with your insurance, some insurance don't reimburse for on-line purchases
What machine have you look at, some machine does not provide useful data

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2015, 09:54 PM)zonk Wrote:
(09-29-2015, 09:27 PM)DWaldman Wrote: Thanks for the info. I did find an online store that will bill my insurance and will be an in network provider, so i will only pay 20% of their price instead of dealing with Crapria or Lincareless. Should save a bit of coin, and the insurance company pays less too.
Check with your insurance, some insurance don't reimburse for on-line purchases
What machine have you look at, some machine does not provide useful data

Company checked with my insurance, and said they will bill direct, I only pay 20%. It's in the e-mail, if they don't do it, I have recourse.

Post Reply Post Reply
How about scheduled replacement supplies
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...6_Medicare
Post Reply Post Reply
not too concerned about supplies. After first of year, supply cost will go against my deductable. after deductable is met, it is 80/20. So with all my health issuse, the deductable should not be a problem after about May.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, don't trust the supplier. Ask your insurance company yourself. It is very very rare for an online supplier to have anything to do with insurance other than provide you the paperwork.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2015, 10:03 PM)DWaldman Wrote: Company checked with my insurance, and said they will bill direct, I only pay 20%. It's in the e-mail, if they don't do it, I have recourse.

That email from the equipment seller will mean nothing and you will have no recourse at all if your insurance denies the claim -- unless that email also includes a written reply directly from your insurance verifying that they will honor the claim. We hear all the time from people who got an ugly surprise when their insurance denied coverage after "the DME said my insurance would cover it...."

Always get the straight scoop directly from your insurance company yourself.Smile

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] CPAP circuit board testing with voltmeter? MAchine died and 4 month wait to be seen! agunslinger 2 682 04-16-2022, 12:13 PM
Last Post: agunslinger
  Spare machine or wait? David Clark 7 854 04-11-2022, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Newly diagnosed and don't want to wait. mfco7 6 921 02-23-2022, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  [CPAP] Diagnosed AHI 112, use recalled DS1 or wait several months for new CPAP PhiladelphiaCollins 8 1,037 02-21-2022, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Wait Time for ResMed Equipment Replacement jerrydaw 3 1,051 01-30-2022, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Helena
  Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now? dk2011 25 19,748 01-24-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wait for Phillips Recall or Go to Doc? LittleNemo 4 782 10-28-2021, 01:44 PM
Last Post: pixelyzed

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.