Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Now having to try a ASV unit
RE: Now having to try a ASV unit
I finally received my new Resmed A10 ASV yesterday. Time to find out if this will be the answer to my complex apnea. Stay tuned
Post Reply Post Reply
Just did my first night with the AirCurve 10 ASV. AHI = 0.12. Previously I was getting anywhere from 4 to 13 with the Airsense S10 but that doesn't tell the whole story... AHI is of course an average... I'd have a few centrals over the night... but in the last 2 or so hours of sleep they would really spike. If you isolated those periods the AHIs were sometimes around 30 to 40 and almost all central events. I've been feeling worse on the CPAP... even more groggy than I was without it, and often waking up with headaches. I'm excited to have the AirCurve 10 ASV now and looking forward to hopefully seeing some changes in my ability to focus, my memory, and hopefully not feeling like I need a 4 hours nap in the middle of the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2016, 10:26 AM)shewhorn Wrote: Just did my first night with the AirCurve 10 ASV. AHI = 0.12. Previously I was getting anywhere from 4 to 13 with the Airsense S10 but that doesn't tell the whole story... AHI is of course an average... I'd have a few centrals over the night... but in the last 2 or so hours of sleep they would really spike. If you isolated those periods the AHIs were sometimes around 30 to 40 and almost all central events. I've been feeling worse on the CPAP... even more groggy than I was without it, and often waking up with headaches. I'm excited to have the AirCurve 10 ASV now and looking forward to hopefully seeing some changes in my ability to focus, my memory, and hopefully not feeling like I need a 4 hours nap in the middle of the day.

Good luck with your new machine. Sounds like you have made the right move.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 759 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Adaptive servo-ventilation unit vs APAP Comfortcomposites 9 537 12-11-2023, 06:14 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] transferring settings from PR unit to Resmed unit Nellio 4 768 08-29-2021, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Equipment] New unit, new questions mxw51 13 1,424 11-28-2020, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Benzi
  cleaning the seals in Resmed unit yankees123 2 1,177 11-04-2018, 09:44 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [CPAP] Mold/mildew in CPAP machine/blower unit snowboardjoe 1 1,847 09-19-2018, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Dreamstation Go Noise Difference vs. Home Unit with Humidifier FireNWater 25 5,455 07-20-2018, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.