Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nuance Gel & Nuance Pro Gel Pillows Mask System
Nuance Gel & Nuance Pro Gel Pillows Mask System
I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on this mask Nuance Gel & Nuance Pro Gel Pillows Mask System, as I am thinking I need a new mask that stays on better and is more comfortable than my air fit p10.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nuance Gel & Nuance Pro Gel Pillows Mask System
They are both nice. I went for the Pro model. I wish I had gotten the regular model. The Pro model comes with silicone components on the headgear that makes it "stick" (for lack of a better description). The regular Nuance comes with a fabric headgear that I understand feels better.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2015, 01:08 PM)Adoniscmj Wrote: I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on this mask Nuance Gel & Nuance Pro Gel Pillows Mask System, as I am thinking I need a new mask that stays on better and is more comfortable than my air fit p10.

Hi,

I've tried the Nuance Pro twice and found it didn't work for me. I had difficulty getting a good seal with either the medium or large pillows. I also did not find it stayed positioned on my head if I turned. Finally, the headgear material was really lightweight and started to dis-bond and crumble after only a couple of months use. For me, the ResMed AirFit P10 is the best, followed by the ResMed FX Pillows mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem I am having with the Air fit P10 is the straps pull the pillows to tight when I lay down on my back, then when I switch to my side it pulls one side of the pillow off my nose. I am trying to find a nasal system that has adjustable straps so it stays on better. I am willing to look at any nasal pillow mask system so I am looking for ideas.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2015, 01:38 PM)Adoniscmj Wrote: The problem I am having with the Air fit P10 is the straps pull the pillows to tight when I lay down on my back, then when I switch to my side it pulls one side of the pillow off my nose. I am trying to find a nasal system that has adjustable straps so it stays on better. I am willing to look at any nasal pillow mask system so I am looking for ideas.

Hi,

Check out the Swit FX Pillows. The nasal interface is very similar to the P10, but it has a more traditional headgear. It's my backup mask. It may work for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the Nuance both fabric and gel types for about ten months now, before that I was an avid P10 user.
Now I love the Nuance, both of them. I love that I am able to adjust the straps. That would have to be the main attraction of this mask. A friend of mine says he thinks it is noisy but it doesn't bother me.
I use the Large pillows and they seem to last me very much longer than the P10's ever did.
I cannot see me wanting to try another mask, I am more than happy with the Nuance and ready to recommend it to anyone.
Good luck in your search for a new mask.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried the Pilaro Q mask? It comes with two different headgears; one is adjustable.
I bought one a couple months back, it is a nice mask, but I still like the P10 best.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Moved this to the Main Forum where it belongs. The Review Forum is for reviews, not general questions.

However, in the Review Forum is a review thread of this mask:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ask-Review
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The Nuance (non-Pro) is my second favorite mask. I use it for a change of pace a few times a month.
Post Reply Post Reply
Prefer the Nuance with the cloth headgear, stays in place well, better than my P10...very comfortable...I found the Pro with its gel headgear a little hot and sticky...

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,765 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,616 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,169 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 391 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.