Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

APAP Ear Pain/Headaches/Sinus Pressure
APAP Ear Pain/Headaches/Sinus Pressure
So I go from one problem to another...now started experiencing ear pain/sinus pressure/headaches using my Airsense 10 Autoset. Anyone got any helpful hint and tips to combat this? :-(

Using a saline nasal spray before bed to clear any congestion etc.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: APAP Ear Pain/Headaches/Sinus Pressure
I was getting daytime ear pain & pressure, ear clicking, & ear popping.

Once I turned OFF the EPR, it all went away.

I had a lot of ear infections as a kid (and even into adulthood), so my ears have always been sensitive to pressure changes (driving through hills, going on an airplane, etc.). So I think my ears didn't like the constant pressure changing (inhale with one pressure, exhale with a different pressure).
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2019, 08:07 PM)Davidacarrick Wrote: So I go from one problem to another...now started experiencing ear pain/sinus pressure/headaches using my Airsense 10 Autoset. Anyone got any helpful hint and tips to combat this? :-(

Using a saline nasal spray before bed to clear any congestion etc.

Thanks

I had huge success with saline irrigation but not until I added Xylitol.  I had a severely deviated septum from sports nose trauma as a teenager, but it was never fixed correctly until this year.  I would lean over and turn my head, and the water wouldn't come out!!  When I added Xylitol it worked immediately. 

You may want to try it.  My recommendation is to go with a squeeze bottle or a pulsing irrigator.  A neti pot is ok but it doesn't provide the pressure that makes it more effective.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is sports nose trauma the same as Colombian flu?! Hahaha joking! Thanks for the advice will give it a try
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a nasal spray before bed and in the morning. The one I found to work best is called XLEAR Nasal Spray (with xylitol). I suffer with congestion almost year around, and this is the only one I’ve found to work, and there is no rebound effect.

As far as having ear pain and/or sinus pressure that lasts for any length of time needs to be checked out by an ENT, just to rule out any possible infection.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Many OA's and neck/shoulder pain sfgiants123 1 70 10 hours ago
Last Post: freakyfrog
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 14 522 04-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,220 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 144 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad cause severe brain fog and unbearable headaches use cpap jiyun 1 110 04-09-2024, 08:26 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Gross [Symptoms] Persistent headaches, nothing seems to fix haikuclue 19 941 04-08-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 124 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.