Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nuance mask?
RE: Nuance mask?
The trick with the Swift LT is not the top straps, but the back ones. I finally watched a video and found that out. But I also have to adjust the top straps nearly every night. We had to re-route one of the top ones so it covered that hose holder clip thing. I was getting a tender spot on my scalp. I think I must break dance and twirl on the top of my head in my sleep or something.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I am also using Swift nasal pillow and really like it but if there's something better, I am VERY interested. The design looks interesting, but it's hard to tell by looking. I'm not eligible for new mask for three more months.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can get one every 3 months too but I keep forgetting to call them back. He seems to rarely call when I am home or he calls so dang early in the morning, I don't even hear it ring.

He said that they've been getting good reports about it but keep in mind this is the guy that didn't know ResMed made a take-apart tub and still tells me they stopped making the Breeze. We call him "Bless His Heart Ron".
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Paula; I'm curious as to how long you use a set of pillows. I've found out through trial and error that if I use one too long it starts to get very uncomfortable. One nostril ends up sore just like you said. Once I attach a new set I'm back to fine again. I'm wondering if this could be happening to you too. They look and feel perfectly fine, but use seems to do a number on them and I'm not sure why. Maybe the age of the pillows could be the culprit? Three weeks seems to be their lifespan, or thereabouts. DJ
Post Reply Post Reply
All I can share is that you are allowed 2 per month.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was going to post a link but wasn't sure if it was against the rules so I decided to remove it. I have to go back and read that part of the rules again!
Post Reply Post Reply
My current set of pillows I guess I got about 5 months ago? But I've switched between two sizes several times. The size that fits the best makes a lot of noise and I can't stand it. It whistles as I breathe. Annoying as heck. The tenderness has been happening off and on since I first got them so I don't think it is due to age. But I will take them apart tomorrow and really look them over. Usually I just wash, rinse, and dry. Not much on the inspection part.

Three weeks for a set of pillows?? Holy cow. I'd go nuts (and broke) if that's all I got out of them.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, it is two pair a month from Medicare, but I generally make them last a bit more. I got enough for a three month's supply last time. I can't figure out why they get weird when they're only a bit old. I use the extra small size and they're perfectly quiet. There's a sound coming from the machine that I'm used to now, but the pillows are quiet. My vote is that your pillows need replacing. They're cheaper to buy online than at a DME, which is another strange fact in this saga and beyond me. Love, DJ
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-09-2013, 02:49 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The trick with the Swift LT is not the top straps, but the back ones. I finally watched a video and found that out. But I also have to adjust the top straps nearly every night. We had to re-route one of the top ones so it covered that hose holder clip thing. I was getting a tender spot on my scalp. I think I must break dance and twirl on the top of my head in my sleep or something.

Hehe - I never adjust the top straps - learned long ago to tug on straps to see which strap does what - nothing worse than tightening a strap that doesn't need to be any tighter!!
Post Reply Post Reply
The mask came today. It came with the Medium pillows on and after some trial and error, I determined I needed the small. I got a wee wittle nose.

It is an interesting mask. Very minimal. Everything is minimal.

The headgear is odd. The back piece doesn't adjust but has a wide spot at the back, right where it is needed. Soft! The top has a single adjustment strap. There are side adjustments, too. I kept feeling like I had to pull the mask to one side so I just adjusted the one and that was that.

I am able to almost put the mask on one handed. One for the headgear and the other on the nose piece. This is a very good thing for me.

My only grouch is something I didn't notice before and that is the hose comes out the nose piece and is not routed over the head. An easy enough fix I guess. The mask's hose is very unusual but fun to play with. It uncoils like a slinky. If nothing else, this is a VERY tactile mask.

It has the typical new mask smell so I need to wash it and hope it dries in time for tonight. Also got new hose and new tub! Hoot! Early Hosehead Christmas! LOL

I'll let y'all know how the night goes.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,485 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,173 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,679 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Terrible Velcro On Philips Nuance Gel Pillow Mask Driving Me Nuts hyphicti 0 619 10-23-2021, 10:26 AM
Last Post: hyphicti
  Resmed P10 vs Philips Nuance Gel buddy0329 1 933 06-24-2021, 03:48 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  philips respironics Nuance mask mtoy1204 2 862 03-26-2020, 03:06 PM
Last Post: mtoy1204
  Nuance Pro - do you find it difficult to point it into your nostrils? Hydrangea 7 1,399 12-15-2019, 06:15 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.