Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nuance pro gel pillow mask
Nuance pro gel pillow mask
I've got an issue with the air coming out of the vent holes on my nasal pillow keeping me awake. Is it ok to put a filter over the vent holes? or will it ruin my sleep apnea machine. Any ideas appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nuance pro gel pillow mask
(07-18-2015, 03:07 AM)Apneaboy Wrote: I've got an issue with the air coming out of the vent holes on my nasal pillow keeping me awake. Is it ok to put a filter over the vent holes? or will it ruin my sleep apnea machine. Any ideas appreciated.
I wouldn't put anything in front of vents holes - might cause some re-breathing of CO2 washouts

I don't use nasal pillows, someone with similar issue, might chime in
Post Reply Post Reply
No no. NEVER cover the vent holes.

The Nuance is a quiet mask. Make sure the noise is coming from the vent. Gently pull the cheek straps so the mask fits tighter. If the sound changes, it is a leak around the pillows, not the vent. If that wasn't it, take the mask apart and make sure it is put together correctly. Look for YouTube videos that show how to do it. Make sure everything is snapped into place correctly and all that. If that wasn't it either, is the mask dry on the inside? Has moisture gathered and is making noises against the vent holes?

After that, either you have great hearing or the mask is defective.

Oh, and also the vent air can hit sheets, the pillow, etc and can make a lot of noise, just like with any mask. Just move stuff out of the way until it stops.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi thanks for the info. There is no noise coming from the air vents it's there air coming out itself hitting blankets etc that's keeping me awake. Really annoying.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, that happens with nearly all masks. All except the P10. The diffuser on that one puts the air out at a more spread out pattern so it doesn't hit sheets and stuff with such force. The headgear of that mask (in my opinion) is regressing back to rubber bands and duct tape but the mask itself isn't too bad. If your supplier has a mask trial program, give that one a try.

There is a mask called the Breeze. I loved that mask. But the vent comes out in a single hole like a freakin' cyclone. Couldn't have a sheet or pillow blocking it for at least a full foot or more.

PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
The Fisher and Paykel Pilairo Q nasal pillow mask has a filter on the discharge side that really seems to tame the noise and the sense of excessive flow. This is my one complaint about the Wisp. My poor dog gets blown out of bed if I turn over facing her. Wink

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
The Simplus (full face mask) is really diffused, too. I don't have to worry about the noise on the sheets or anything like that.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
My dog just licks my face until I turn over Smile She's one smart and determined Pointer, and she likes her spot. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
The F&P Zest Q nasal mask also has a very diffused vent.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,722 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 234 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 433 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 331 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 383 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289
  My suggestion for help with nasal pillow irritation rebean 3 646 12-06-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  CPAP Pillow danylam 1 407 11-27-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.